What are your opinions of the VP9 FULL SIZE?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What are your opinions of the VP9 FULL SIZE??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you watch "John Wick 2" there's a scene where he's blasting away and if you pause at the right moment, and read his lips, you'll witness him say "Damn, I wish I had my VP9" ;-) It happens fast. The full size VP9 fits my medium size hands better than the P2000 so it's really a personal thing for me. H&K's are just plain fun to shoot. If you can get your hands on a USP9 Match lemme know what you think...I loved it.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

As mentioned comparisons are not allowed but I will say IMO the VP9 is one of the three very best striker fired pistols currently made. One of the others is also made in Germany and the other has been made for decades in various generations. I would also advise staying away from a very much hyped new striker fired pistol introduced late in 2016.

Another big plus to me with HK is you are getting one of the best lifetime warranties in the business but least likely to need it. Some of the others only offer 5 year warranty or even less.
    Last edited by grumpy1; 01-09-2018 at 01:06 AM.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zzw26n View Post
    I own 4 of them ....
    As do I, love them!

I have owned Glock & Walther, they long gone, the PPQ was a close call, but the VP9 just felt better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BCD45 View Post
    If you own or have shot a VP9 fullsize, what are your opinions on it, weight - size - shoot ability - recoil - ergonomics - capacity - especially the trigger - and the overall looks. I'm not really concerned about accuracy because I'm thinking of it as a close range defensive weapon.

If you've shot any of the pistols listed below compared to the VP9, would you care to give your honest opinions between the two or more?
    1. Walther PPQ 9mm
    2. Walther 99 AS full size 9mm
    3. Any comparable size 9mm Glock
    4. CZ P10c 9mm
    5. HK P2000 9mm with a lem or light lem trigger

Thank you for any opinions or comments. I might add, do you think there is any other comparable size 9mm that just blows the VP9 away as an overall pistol?

Jim D
    SE Texas
    Being new to the striker fired guns, I rented as many 9MM Glocks at a local range as I could. The grip was the main thing I didnít like. I ended up buying the full sized VP9 and love it. The trigger and the customizable grip are fantastic. Iíve tried the Glocks again and still donít see the fascination. The only one I like is the 42, which I bought for a conceal and carry. If I were looking at two choices, I would want to know the thoughts on the P30 and the VP9. From looking at them over and over, it seems like the VP9 is a striker fired version of the P30, but the trigger options suggest there is more than just the hammer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The VP9 was the very first striker pistol I ever bought, and many other strikers followed. But, the VP9 is the best amongst all of them.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would also look at and try a P7 M8 if you could. Not the same exactly, but what an incredible gun. I frankly like the VP9 better to shoot, but the P7 is so unique and different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iíll give you my $0.02, though I just picked up my VP9 recently and havenít put many rounds through it. I will comment on the ergo and trigger compared to a G19 and a P2000 9mm light LEM.

Compared to the G19 gen3, there isnít any comparison in terms of ergo. The trigger also breaks cleaner with less creep on the VP9, however the Glocks have a shorter reset. The VP9 is slightly bigger with a longer grip and overall length but holds the same number of rounds (this is a win for the Glock in my opinion). Another area where the Glock wins is the very short bore height. The VP9 definitely better in terms of bore height compared to all other modern H&Kís that Iíve fired. The Glock also kind of felt like it beats you up as you shoot it but the VP9 feels a bit softer.

Compared to my P2000 with a light LEM, there are some differences (granted I have only fired 124 grain out of the VP9, left handed while I nurse a right elbow injury). The ergo is better for most people on the VP9 compared to a P2000 however, I am not a fan of the jump on the back strap of the VP9. I went to the small back strap and it feels closer tot he P2000 with the medium size back strap. Where the trigger breaks felt like they are in two very different positions with the VP9 further forward and the P2000 closer to the grip. I also feel the P2000 break is cleaner on mine (others may vary). I feel like my P2000 has no creep with the LEM trigger whereas the VP9 has a very slight amount. I also feel my P2000 shoots softer than the VP9 but I didnít run the same grain rounds through them (115 for the P2000 and 124 for the VP9).

The VP9 is a great pistol so far for me and Iím looking forward to putting a lot more rounds through it. Right now, my P2000 is my go to pistol. Although I donít have a Glock, I am a very big fan of them because of their simplicity and super low bore axis. I will likely try and pick one up in the future sometime.
    venomsfp9 likes this.
    Current:
    HK45 v1
    P2000 v3 9mm
    P2000 v2 --> v1 9mm
    USP v1 9mm
    VP9 LE Grey

Past:
    P2000sk v3 .40 (traded for the USP9)
    P30L v3 9mm (sold before moving to California)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the Scholar View Post
    Compared to the G19 gen3, there isn’t any comparison in terms of ergo. The trigger also breaks cleaner with less creep on the VP9, however the Glocks have a shorter reset. The VP9 is slightly bigger with a longer grip and overall length but holds the same number of rounds (this is a win for the Glock in my opinion). Another area where the Glock wins is the very short bore height. The VP9 definitely better in terms of bore height compared to all other modern H&K’s that I’ve fired. The Glock also kind of felt like it beats you up as you shoot it but the VP9 feels a bit softer.
    IMO this is one of the best descriptions of this comparison because I found all these points to be accurate with my assessment of my "other" pistol.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

VP9 is great striker fired gun. I prefer the SK and shoot it better for what ever reason. Its a great gun for the price but I will say it has alot of competition at that price point. I wont compare it to other brands but its better then the P2000 trigger all day.

I carry the SK as my daily now. SK also has recoil reduction system and shoots as soft as full size for me.
    So many HKs so little time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did a lot of researching, guns shows, ranges, gun shops, etc. Bought the VP9SK LE.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links