Just bought my 1st HK - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just bought my 1st HK

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Lucky-

You'll save a bundle by going to the links I posted. Unless you want to toss your hard earned money elsewhere. For example, MGW sells the V3+4 for $8 and someone else charges you $17. Be an educated consumer. LOL

You can have a decocker on the left (V3) or right (V4 for lefty), or both. Here is a set of ambi safety/control lever for $33. That will give you a decocker on both sides that can be actuated by a lefty or righty. Scroll down the page or search for the part # in the below screenshot.

Cross Creek Guns

A holster made for a P30 will fit a HK45C and vice versa. It will also fit a P2000 as well as a P2000SK (a little tight but will work).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I will use your links, mine were for reference to the parts I need.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    You want to get rid of safety lever and make it V3 Decock only? Or remove lever completely and make it LEM? I think for V3 you need the decock lever and a different detent plate (@TooSixy might be best to ask about parts conversion) - if you want to convert it to LEM and delete external controls then just buy the USP LEM Conversion kit and install - I highly recommend LEM.
    @ricky_bobby What is the main difference in LEM vs V3 or V4, how is the trigger?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

V3 or V4 is no difference in trigger pull it just indicates which side the decocker is on -

Variant 1:
 Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.
    Variant 2: 
Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.
    Variant 3: 
Double action/single action without "SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.
    Variant 4: 
Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.
    Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.
    Variant 6: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.
    Variant 7: 
Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
    Variant 8: 
SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY
    Variant 9: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.
    Variant 10: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.

If your pistol is V1 now nothing changes about the trigger pull when you go to V3 except you are making it decock only.

If you convert your V1 or V3 pistol to LEM, and keep the stock hammer, FPBS, and TRS that is installed in the pistol now you will have a V1 Light LEM which is 4.5-5.5#

If you use both springs in the USP LEM conversion kit (hammer spring and TRS) along with the LEM parts you will convert to heavy LEM which is approx 7.5#

Both LEM conversions obviously delete the external safety/decocker -

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    V3 or V4 is no difference in trigger pull it just indicates which side the decocker is on -

Variant 1:
 Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.
    Variant 2: 
Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.
    Variant 3: 
Double action/single action without "SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.
    Variant 4: 
Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.
    Variant 5: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.
    Variant 6: 
Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.
    Variant 7: 
    Variant 8: 
SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY
    Variant 9: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.
    Variant 10: 
Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.

If your pistol is V1 now nothing changes about the trigger pull when you go to V3 except you are making it decock only.

If you convert your V1 or V3 pistol to LEM, and keep the stock hammer, FPBS, and TRS that is installed in the pistol now you will have a V1 Light LEM which is 4.5-5.5#

If you use both springs in the USP LEM conversion kit (hammer spring and TRS) along with the LEM parts you will convert to heavy LEM which is approx 7.5#

Both LEM conversions obviously delete the external safety/decocker -
    so the light is 4.5 - 5.5 what is the SA/DA? I only shot this pistol once at the range.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The DA pull is approx 11# I believe and the SA pull is around 4.5# - Someone can confirm if I'm wrong but I have no DA/SA pistols - If it helps, if you convert to LEM you should have about a similar weight in Light LEM as SA mode, only its all the time - but the beauty of the LEM system is the long and super light (1-2#) pre-travel which acts as an additional safety system of the LEM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just bought my 1st HK-3mb-hk45c_li.jpg

It has finally arrived. I need some ammo and a holster and I am good to go.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Congrats!!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have read that DE means Germany but then I also have read the DE means Delaware, so not sure where the pistol was made. the 1st 2 letters are BH

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Awesome and congrats Lucky! Always a great day when a new HK comes home. The BH is your date code B=1 H=7, 2017. The stag horn is the proof mark from the proof house in Ulm, Germany. The DE is for Deutschland, not Delaware. The CIP N (used to be an eagle over the N but I think that changed in 2014) is another proof mark referencing “Commission Internationale Permanente” a standardized European proof mark I believe. I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m mistaken, and there is quite a bit of info on the markings posted if you care to search further. Enjoy your pistol!
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links