Just bought my 1st HK - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just bought my 1st HK

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK12Step View Post
    Awesome and congrats Lucky! Always a great day when a new HK comes home. The BH is your date code B=1 H=7, 2017. The stag horn is the proof mark from the proof house in Ulm, Germany. The DE is for Deutschland, not Delaware. The CIP N (used to be an eagle over the N but I think that changed in 2014) is another proof mark referencing “Commission Internationale Permanente” a standardized European proof mark I believe. I’m sure someone can correct me if I’m mistaken, and there is quite a bit of info on the markings posted if you care to search further. Enjoy your pistol!
    Thanks I am interested in knowing where it was made but DE for Germany seems to be right. I am planning a range day next week.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

In addition to the marks, it says "Made in Germany" on the frame -

The Columbus GA mark by the serial plate is for the importer. All the proof marks on the frame are German and matching the frame so it is a German pistol. The DE, CIP, and stag horn are not present on US made models (US proof mark is a bell with a P in it, symbolizing Philly)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    In addition to the marks, it says "Made in Germany" on the frame -

The Columbus GA mark by the serial plate is for the importer. All the proof marks on the frame are German and matching the frame so it is a German pistol. The DE, CIP, and stag horn are not present on US made models (US proof mark is a bell with a P in it, symbolizing Philly)
    Thanks, I am extremely excited to shoot this thing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So can I take this thing to the range or do I need to take it apart and clean it before shooting?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So I guess the DE means it is USA made, I am happy with it either way and I will have the 1st range trip on Saturday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_lefty View Post
    So I guess the DE means it is USA made, I am happy with it either way and I will have the 1st range trip on Saturday.
    Nope, German made.
    P7M8 (X2), P7M8SD, P7M13 factory nickel, P9S Combat .45, USP45 Tactical, USPC SS .40SW, SP5K (X2)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

^And nowadays it is rare as well - they are back to USA production again on the new models, enjoy it!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    (US proof mark is a bell with a P in it, symbolizing Philly)
    It is actually the dome of the New Hampshire State House in Concord (capital city of New Hampshire) where the HK45/HK45C frames were produced, and the P means its proofing was done in the U.S.

I wonder if the new US-made HK45/HK45C would have the golden Georgia Capitol dome on them LOL

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    It is actually the dome of the New Hampshire State House in Concord (capital city of New Hampshire) where the HK45/HK45C frames were produced, and the P means its proofing was done in the U.S.

I wonder if the new US-made HK45/HK45C would have the golden Georgia Capitol dome on them LOL

I learn something everyday Pete - thank you! I have never seen the US proof mark in person but I always thought it looked like a miniature bell -

Personally I think my US proof mark makes more sense as the birthplace of liberty LMAO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your first HK! You picked a good one! The 45C is one of the softest shooting .45's I've ever owned. I no longer have mine because I just never warmed up to the grips...always felt that P30/HK45 style grips would have been a big improvement. Hope you enjoy yours!
    “An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links