HKPRO Forums banner

Anyone running a 357 Sig barrel on the VP40?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Rockets 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone is shooting a 357 Sig barrel on their VP40? I was curious with defensive HP rounds like HST's or Gold Dot's, how the recoil is between the 40 & 357. I shoot a 357 barrel on my 40 USP Compact and the recoil with the 357 is considerably more snappy and more muzzle jump. I'd like to know how the VP handles it.
Thanks,

Jim D

#3 · (Edited)
My VP 40 has never fired a 40, put the 357 sig in first thing, 1,000 rounds+ (year old post, update, make that 6000 rounds flawless) and not a single issue, I shoot Speer FMJ and Underwood Hollowpoints 125 Grain, recoil is quite manageable, no issue at all.

Reactions: 4X4 and TheJerkman
#9 ·
I have an RCM 357 sig barrel for my P30L. It's excellent quality, reliable and looks as good as OEM. I would recommend any RCM barrel, I have three for my HK's.

#12 ·
Now are 6000 flawless rounds, A 40 never touched the VP40, barrel was swapped right after purchase. To me the recoil is about the same as a 40. Not bad at all. Also the gun looks new, upon looking at the slide contact points no damage from the high pressured round at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.