Bavarian Police to adopt HK SFP9 - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Bavarian Police to adopt HK SFP9

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm reading in a few articles that the P7s will be destroyed - 38,000 of them. But two of my German co-workers say it will never happen, regardless of what the newspapers are reporting. My boss's brother is Bayerische Kripo and still has his P7. My boss said it would be possible to arrange a private sale and export to me. I can't imagine this is possible, but I will look into it. Might still be cheaper to buy one already here. I was in Germany a month ago and the cops I saw in Bavaria were all carrying P7s still.

https://www.sueddeutsche.de/bayern/i...hten-1.4154292
    Last edited by Rick Lee; 10-06-2018 at 09:20 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
    I'm reading in a few articles that the P7s will be destroyed - 38,000 of them. But two of my German co-workers say it will never happen, regardless of what the newspapers are reporting. My boss's brother is Bayerische Kripo and still has his P7. My boss said it would be possible to arrange a private sale and export to me. I can't imagine this is possible, but I will look into it. Might still be cheaper to buy one already here. I was in Germany a month ago and the cops I saw in Bavaria were all carrying P7s still.
    He may still have it now but I'll bet he gets ordered to turn it in like the rest. A good friend has just a few months ago retired from the Bavarian Police, rank of Hauptkommissar, he is many times over the Bavarian police pistol champion and it basically took the involvement of his member of parliament and a special bill to allow him to retain the P7 he carried all those years and won those titles with, even then the gun is supposed to be returned by his estate after he passes away some day. So, cops just keeping their guns? "Nein".
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Police officers here in Germany are not even allowed to privately own firearms unless they have also obtained a license just the same as any other citizen. Service arms are not theirs to give or sell.

I still think the best bet is that the Bavarian P7s will all go back the H&K on some type of trade in deal. The market for that many P7 pistols in Germany would be zero but the export market in the USA is good. Here the P7 has high coolness factor, however it is not competitive for sporting marksmen - at least in most disciplines.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmersdorfer View Post
    I still think the best bet is that the Bavarian P7s will all go back the H&K on some type of trade in deal.
    Not going to happen, H&K doesn't want them back. If they took them, they'd have to go through them all/refurb before sale. They don't have the parts necessary, nor the people they can take away from whatever their other duties are to refurb 30K guns. On top of which the politicians don't want the guns sold into the USA anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can see how a lack of spare parts would be a problem for H&K but most of the P7s will not need a total rebuild. Police guns are typically carried a lot but seldom fired. But if they don't go back to H&K, chances are they will go in the furnace.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Your post.
    Just a heads up, your HKPro account is not set up to receive PM's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It would be nice to know the reasons as to the destruction of the guns. Article didn't elaborate. Surely one of the eastern bloc "poorer" countries could use these weapons, ones that are friendly with Germany ?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by markhilken View Post
    It would be nice to know the reasons as to the destruction of the guns. Article didn't elaborate. Surely one of the eastern bloc "poorer" countries could use these weapons, ones that are friendly with Germany ?
    Because that's what the government wants.

P30
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Police officers here in Germany are not even allowed to privately own firearms unless they have also obtained a license just the same as any other citizen.
    That's not quite what I was told by a federal police officer ("Bundespolizist"). He is allowed to carry his service pistol (HK P30 V2) when he is off duty. He carries it concealed. He is allowed to take it home and stores it in a safe there.

What I agree to: If he wants to have an additional pistol, then he is equal to a normal citizen.

My cousin is a police officer (state police) here in Germany. I will ask her next time, if she is allowed to take her Walther P99 home and to carry it off duty.
    Last edited by P30; 10-09-2018 at 04:50 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    That's not quite what I was told by a federal police officer ("Bundespolizist"). He is allowed to carry his service pistol (HK P30 V2) when he is off duty. He carries it concealed. He is allowed to take it home and stores it in a safe there.

What I agree to: If he wants to have an additional pistol, then he is equal to a normal citizen.

My cousin is a police officer (state police) here in Germany. I will ask her next time, if she is allowed to take her Walther P99 home and to carry it off duty.
    No need to ask, they are. It does not have to be the issue pistol either, my guy carried his P7 on duty and a G26 on his own time.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links