HKPRO Forums banner

Opinions of the 3 HK SK models?

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Kokopelli 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to get a HK SK model pistol and not sure which one. Unfortunately I'm not able to get my hands on any to try. I did get to shoot a P2000 SK in 357 Sig but I've never handled a P30 SK or a VP9 SK, the two that I'm leaning towards in 9mm. I almost bought a Walther P99c AS but decided to stay with HK. I have a full size VP9 and really like it. If I purchased the P30 SK I would want the light lem trigger.

So what are your opinions about the 9mm SK models? Which is your favorite? BTW, this will not be my carry weapon. I just want one to have and to range shoot with. Also, I would like for it to able to use the full size 15 round magazines with a magazine sleeve.

Thank you for any and all opinions and help.

Jim D
SE Texas

#5 · (Edited)
What was wrong with the P2000SK that you have shot?
At least you have some actual range time with one.

I've got a P2000SK Light LEM 40/357 and P30SK Light LEM.
P30SK has great ergonomics.
But in my hands, I personally shoot the P2000SK noticeably better.

Have a FS VP9 and a P30 40 Light LEM.
I shoot the P30 noticeably better.
But I'm a Light LEM man.
For me it really is the Voodoo trigger :biggrin:

Of those three? I'd still choose my P2000SK

#8 ·
Barth,
Really not anything. The +p duty ammo in 357 Sig was snappy in the 2000 SK. If I had one complaint it would be the deep curve of the trigger, it hurt my trigger finger a little. I still have a P2000 9mm full size with the lem trigger. It's the LE model with night sights and 3 mags unfired and I'm probably going to sell it when I get my SK. Thanks,

Jim D

#9 · (Edited)
One of the great advantages of mounting a RMR is the extra leverage when racking. May be something to consider.

As far as the SKs, I have both the P30sk & VP9sk. I find that I carry and shoot them more than their bigger brothers. All the accuracy and capacity option in a smaller package.

#11 ·
I have the VP9 full size and just bought the VP9sk. The VP9 broke in very well. I suspect the SK will as well easing the racking issue. The racking supports will help as well. I looked at the P30SK and was impressed with the build quality. Didn’t get a chance to shoot the LEM though. This one I tried had a “very stout” double action pull. Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#12 ·
LEM p30sk is awesome but if your love is there for the vp9, then the vp9sk may be a good fit.. All 3 sks will accept the 15 rnd vp9/p30 magazine. So you're in luck there.
I use my p30sk for carry so I prefer a hammer fired pistol then. Although I like my vp9 trigger a bit better, I'm keeping the standard trigger for both my p30sk's(it's just where I am right now where I don't want to change my stock trigger).

If you say its not for carry, then you expand your choices even more with hammer vs striker. Test drive as much as you can, but I had a hard time finding a range that carried the LEM versions. Not until I bought my P30L LEM, did I know I wanted a p30sk LEM over my DA/SA.
It's hard to pick just one though, so its easier to say which is the first one of the SKs that I'm going to get.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#13 ·
+1 on trigger familiarity, if your VP9 is where it’s at for you, no brainer, the SK will make a great companion. If you like variety and want to go hammer, the P30SK Light LEM is indeed awesome. I love that gun. Of the two you seem to be leaning towards, I’d pick the P30SK Light LEM. That being said, P2000SK (in 357 Sig) is my favorite followed by the P30SK and then VP9SK. Good luck and I say buy all three and enjoy them all, in which order is up to you.

#14 ·
VP9 SK !!! Read on:

I have both the P30SK LEM Lite and the VP9SK.
When I shoot them side by side, it's almost impossible to tell the difference.
But, due to later talk of difficulty racking the slide, I strongly recommend the VP9SK for you.
The "Charging Supports" (I call them "wings") make a world of difference in racking the slide.
I have arthritus in my thumbs, and the VP9SK is worlds easier to rack.

Someone mentioned that you have a FS VP9, so you know what they are.
The P30SK doesn't have them, I wish it did.

#15 ·
IF you need a hammer, get the P30SK.
I have a couple P2000SK pistols. They shoot, handle and carry just fine.
I saw no reason to "upgrade" to the P30SK. Ergos really don't make a difference.

I believe the VP9SK is superior to both of them. I have to practice to shoot well with the P2000SK.

I can pick up my USP's, P7's and VP'S and they just shoot great. Not so much with the P2000 and P30 Series. To me it's all about a smooth consistent trigger.

#18 ·
Perhaps off-topic, but what didn't you like about it? With the flush mag, the grip is a bit small, but so is everything in that form factor. It certainly feels better on my ankle than a G26 would because it's thinner. I do want to give a VP9SK a shot as well.

#19 ·
I have shot the P2000SK V2 LEM, P30SK V2 LEM and VP9SK all in 9mm. The VP9SK is the easier shooter of the bunch and has a crisp trigger. However, I prefer the feel and ergonomics of the P2000SK over the other two. The deep cutaway of the VP9SK makes it hard for me to get a quick firm grip on it when unholstering. Same goes for the VP9 vs P2000. I also switched from a VP9 as my duty pistol back to a P2000 V2 LEM due to ergonomic preference and feel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.