What's on the Horizon for HK? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What's on the Horizon for HK?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fonzman357 View Post
    Hoping this doesn't get me banned... but IMO the "single stack HK" every one ITT is looking for is the Walther PPS M2. Seriously. It's like a single stack VP9SK. As far as I can tell, the quality is on par with my HK's.

Feel free to demonstrate where I'm wrong.
    I was recommended the Walther PPS on this forum. I ended up with the shield on a great deal, which I really like. I still really want the walther. I get this feeling that German pistols just have more prestige or class, that's why I collect them. It sounds silly but I guess lots of HK guys are snobs. Anyways. The PPS M1 & 2 I have not heard anything bad actually only glowing reviews. I also was considering the sig P938 but I'm not sure if I would want to carry a SA C&L now that I'm pretty much LEM or SA/DA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

^^For the price its hard to beat the PPS M2 - LE version with phosphoric sights and 3 magazines (7 rd and 8 round extended) can be had for $315 delivered to your FFL - can't beat it -

As a lefty, If the mag release was paddle or reversible (I don't like the PPS M1 look and much prefer the "baby PPQ" grip on the PPS M2) I would definitely be carrying a PPS M2 in summer -

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Maybe I'm wrong... but what else is there to innovate in terms of handguns now?
    IMO.....
    - Integral suppression. SilencerCo's Maxim 9 is a really interesting pistol, but it's a Gen 1 design. If suppressors became less regulated in the US, I could see HK making a really impressive integrally suppressed pistol.
    - Pistol optics could still get a lot better, I think. With current tech, I don't think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages vs. iron sights, but that could change in the coming years.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm looking forward to HK's entry into modular pistols. They'll be able to learn from Sig's experience and will spend a lot more of their company resources on QC.

Maybe I'm wrong... but what else is there to innovate in terms of handguns now?
    When I look at the P320, I don't see "innovation" - I see a well-done, collective solution. The thing checks all the boxes - simple to produce, easy to maintain and operate, parts & caliber swappable handgun platform, comes in major handgun calibers. Its a peg that fits all holes.

Sometimes pure innovation is more about; "I am an awesome peg, and the holes will eventually fit me!"

i.e: HK VP70 - first polymer striker-fire in the 70s.

Innovation happens within collective effort over time and enables others to advance. Necessity dictates design perimeters while new engineering techniques provide iterations to facilitate the need. As long as our needs for the handgun are constantly changing, then there should always be room for innovation.
    (enter smart sayings here)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by safety_is_on View Post
    When I look at the P320, I don't see "innovation" - I see a well-done, collective solution. The thing checks all the boxes - simple to produce, easy to maintain and operate, parts & caliber swappable handgun platform, comes in major handgun calibers. Its a peg that fits all holes.

Sometimes pure innovation is more about; "I am an awesome peg, and the holes will eventually fit me!"

i.e: HK VP70 - first polymer striker-fire in the 70s.

Innovation happens within collective effort over time and enables others to advance. Necessity dictates design perimeters while new engineering techniques provide iterations to facilitate the need. As long as our needs for the handgun are constantly changing, then there should always be room for innovation.
    When I see that gun I see the biggest con ever pulled on the US government. http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone...egular-bullets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

SIG imo isn't the SIG Sauer of the past, were quality was always up there. The times of polymer changed the companies and I don't blame them for it. Hk on the other hand has always been making pretty much the same quality and walked a straight line. Innovation on current guns would be really hard to come up with, how simple can they make a pistol without over doing it. I agree the suppressor issue would be great if they just relax on these pointless laws. For me innovation would be who can fit the most fire power in the smallest package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hollowpoint331 View Post
    For me innovation would be who can fit the most fire power in the smallest package
    HK UCP. Or FN Five-Seven. They are pretty innovative don't you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just want a VP45 as well as the whole VP series to be offered with a longslide (5.25in barrel) model .

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by safety_is_on View Post
    HK UCP. Or FN Five-Seven. They are pretty innovative don't you think?
    Some of the features developed for the ucp are all over hk lineup. FN doesn't apply to the question.
    Next should be a single stack, thin (think P7), and easily concealable. If done, along with the new pricing, it will sell well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves14 View Post
    Unless they could produce a 1” single stack to comPete with the new Sig P365 I don’t think it’d be worth it for them. I think that pistol is going to sell like nothing we’ve seen in a while.

Then again what do I know.
    I agree! First, HK needs to drop a new 1" single stack w/10 rds like that new Sig P365. I'll be all over it when they do! Second, that Sig P365 will be a hot seller for some time through out this year.
    HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk
    HK45c HK USP45c HK USP9c
    HK USP45c Stainless
    HK USP40c Stainless

"Each man needs his own style one which suits him. And any wise man chooses one,
    matching his abilities and concentrates on that til' it's mastered quite completely. No man can learn them all!"

- Kung Fu Grand Master

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links