Some news on the P30 price cut - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Some news on the P30 price cut

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATS579 View Post
    ... the USP would not see a price reduction.
    TBD I think, after their 2nd/3rd quarter reports. The (imported) German P30's and BG/BH-45's were discounted, so it's not unforeseeable for the USP either.
    As they're dusting off the 45 tooling, what is an American 45 frame molded from machinery Made in Germany?
    Last edited by GasGuzz; 01-29-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

HK is going to be like Glock. The US vs Austrian are the same quality and US vs German HK will be the same quality.It just matters what is on the stamping for place of country. I think this will make HK here to stay with a better price and more sales.
    TheJerkman likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I guess it’s time to keep an eye out for a v1 L model in 9. Looks like everyone is oos for the moment. None of my local dealers stock anything other than v3 models.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATS579 View Post
    On this point, I was speaking with HK USA recently and they advised very clearly that the USP would not be made in the US, neither would the P30, and that the USP would not see a price reduction. They said that the GA plant would manufacture HK45s, rifles and "new product."
    If so, why P30's price was dropped? For marketing purpose?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't know but wonder the same thing. I suspect HK wants to promote the P30, HK45 (and VP series) and think they are the most likely to sell to the average buyer (not USP). That's probably correct given the design is more modern, particularly the grip. I wonder if it's a matter of time, and sooner rather than later, if HK will kill off the USP. Not sure they really need the USP (or P2000 series) anymore do they? I may need them but not sure HK does unless they have governmental contracts. Does anyone know if any government is buying the USP still? I know there used to be contracts on the P2000.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I wonder about the P30 too - maybe just not importing the HK45 series has them able to drop the P30 prices based on that savings.

I agree what it is is the ergonomic and changeable grip on the P30, VP9, HK45 series which is what’s attractive. HK sees the VP9 series as a huge success at its price point. So what they want to do is offer options for someone who got the VP9 “gateway drug” and want a bigger caliber but still retaining the gorgeous sculpted slide and ergonomic grip that feels like a dream, enter the HK45 to fulfill. Or a P30 at a similar price point to give variety with a hammer fired trigger.

Believe it or not there are people that think the legacy HK pistols are ugly and would never buy a USP or P2000 and they would rather stick with the modern sexy lines of the P30/VP/HK45 and love that ergonomic grip that just melts in your hands.

Also, the legacy pistols are not going anywhere and I see it as smart to not drop their prices. Leave the USP’s and Mark 23 as legacy bulletproof go to war HK lineage guns at their current price points and they now in a crop of $600 HK’s become the “high end” of the HK pistol lineup.

German police just ordered a ton of P2000 and there ar several agencies domestic and abroad still ordering USP and USPc’s, the law enforcement market is still there.

Personally for me I have a P30L, HK45, HK45C, and VP9T and love them all - but, the rich history as an 80’s baby of these guns, something whimsical and just screams apocalypse weapon when you see and hold a USP or Mark 23 and think about how it’s a timeless design. Those are the guns I’d take to hell and back and they are what I’ll be saving up to add to my collection next.
    Boxed likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Kinda off the subject, so they are no longer manufacturing hk45c in USA, does that make them a rare model I'm sure they sold a ton during that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    I meant that the USPs I currently have will be worth less.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    You do realize this is a great example of many, many machine gun owners with their $30K sears that are horrified and will protect their investment by rejecting calls to open up post 86 registration?
    MouseGun Herder

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouseboy View Post
    You do realize this is a great example of many, many machine gun owners with their $30K sears that are horrified and will protect their investment by rejecting calls to open up post 86 registration?
    All I said is hope they don't devalue them. No one wants to see something they paid good money for one day go on a huge sale the next day. If they did reduce the price I'd probably just buy more so I don't feel as bad.

I'm not some stingy jerk and I would never condone the suppression of other people's freedoms just so I could feel superior like those fudds.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FourierTransform View Post
    If so, why P30's price was dropped? For marketing purpose?
    More than likely yes, I would wager they just were not moving enough at the old pricing... I believe they shot themselves in the foot with the VP9 MSRP. They introduced something that effectively competed with their own product at a much reduced price, that is never a good idea.
    FourierTransform likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links