HKPRO Forums banner

Od usp45

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  racegunner 
#1 ·
Hello everyone.
I'm new here to the forums but no stranger to HK. I just picked up a used OD USP45 off a guy for under 6. Didn't realize till later that day they only made 500 of these. I originally planned on shooting this quite a bit but after taking it apart it looks like it hasn't been shot much or cleaned. There's no copper build up in the barrel and it looks like the original grease is still in it. Any thoughts? Should I use it like all my other HKs or should I keep it as a safe queen because of the value?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I think the ones they made runs of 500 on, were 500 Grey, 500 Green, and 500 FDE, I think. My FDE one came with Fiber Optic sights and black sand paper like stick-ons on the grip on each side. I shot mine a bunch and during the gun, reloading, and ammo shortage, a guy wanted it so much that he gave me $1450 for it. I think later they made some green framed ones that were not the 500 runs. You might want to check on that.
Anyway, congratulations, you have an awesome unique HK.

Jim D---BCD45
SE Texas

#7 ·
What other green framed ones are you even talking about?

It's just a USP, so grab another USP on the cheap, keep the OD one cleaned and in the safe for later on as some good trade fodder or to upgrade to something you really want since the price you paid is good. Grab another USP like I mentioned and shoot that instead.

#9 ·
Yours was one of the Custom Combats. Those came with Novak fiber-optic sights and decal grip tape.

They never made another batch of OD since AE. You probably were thinking of the all OD (slide/frame) HK45s (not USP 45's) or Grey USP 45's (but that is not the same color as the AE Urban Grey's though.)

#10 ·
^Correct only 500 of the AE ODG -

That is a steal of a deal considering its very limited - I was considering adding one of the BH Grey USP45's because they only did 1000 of them just because of the rarity -

Since you got the ODG on such a good deal go buy a nice used black one and shoot the crap out of it and keep the ODG clean and safe LOL

#13 ·
I would clean it and put it in the safe unfired, get a Black USP 45 as a shooter.

Congrats on your OD Green USP, it's beautiful!

I was looking for one like yours years ago, and one dropped in front of me that has 25 rounds on it for a great price, but mine is a Tactical .45, now it's worth 4 times what I paid for it, I have never shot mine! =)

#17 ·
You got a steal. Your pistol looks to have been shot outside the factory but very little.
Do you have the original box? If not, it will diminish the collector appeal.
Either way, like others have said, I would keep it and get a black framed for a shooter.
Any excuse to buy another pistol is a good one, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.