Thread: New HK45C USA Made

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by obey1 View Post
    I just picked this up.

216-xxxxxx serial number on the frame between the rail

DE Made barrel it seems

Looks slick! One of my favorites! I think all the barrels even on the old ones were German made I'll have to check my '06 US made 45c when I get a chance

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Looks good to me..The way I see it folks have been whining for years for HK to build a plant hare in the U.S. and when they do, the first thing people start whining about is that the quality won't be up to snuff.. Myself, I doubt that will be a problem. I have two HK45's, a OD green framed HK45t, and a black HK45ct, both have "made in u.s.a." on the frames, although I think it would've been more accurate to have put "assembled in u.s.a." but, point is, neither pistol has given me a problem. To think U.S. machinist can't make ag high quality parts, as their German counterparts is pretty simple.. I don't see any problem arising from the U.S. plant, in fact this may be a blessing, as we might now see stuff made here that was not importable before, and maybe new stuff being shown at shot show, and be made available within a few weeks/ months, instead of a few years like HK has done in the not too distant past.. So, the pistol has a few less marks on it, who cares? As long as the performance is the same, I could care less. If anything, this brings jobs to this country,for a change..
    Last edited by ralphhh; 02-06-2018 at 11:30 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure if this has been answered or not but do the newer US made guns have the newer style vp9 stippling?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hlb14 View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered or not but do the newer US made guns have the newer style vp9 stippling?

The 45 compact frame is not like the VP9
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Made in the USA :)
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Only other area besides the matching ser# engravings on the slide and barrel I can see where they may of cut down on cost would be the box the gun comes in doesn't have the matching serial number on it either, rather a sticker now but gun feels great.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    Looks slick! One of my favorites! I think all the barrels even on the old ones were German made I'll have to check my '06 US made 45c when I get a chance
    All the HK45/HK45C barrels are German made, even the ones that were assembled in NH. Their German serial is on the side opposite the ejection port, just like pictured in the above post.

Previous US-made slides were also made in Germany and who can guess where they hide the German serial number? :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by obey1 View Post
    The letter “P” stamped
    On the frame in front of the slide stop
    Just a letter P and no golden Georgia Capitol Dome? :)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    All the HK45/HK45C barrels are German made, even the ones that were assembled in NH. Their German serial is on the side opposite the ejection port, just like pictured in the above post.

Previous US-made slides were also made in Germany and who can guess where they hide the German serial number? :)
    Hmm. My 2012 US made HK45 has the serial number visible at the ejection port.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    238 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy1 View Post
    Hmm. My 2012 US made HK45 has the serial number visible at the ejection port.
    Are we talking about the barrel or slide?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links