New HK45C USA Made
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: New HK45C USA Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New HK45C USA Made

At my lgs this morning browsing and noticed a new HK45C selling for $699. I handled it for a bit and noticed that the slide had no serial number, date code etc. It was completely blank on both sides. The frame was stamped saying it was made in America. I've never seen a blank slide before. Has anyone else noticed this? Is this possibly one of the cost saving methods HK is using that brought us these new lower prices? I handed it back to the associate and decided not to buy it at the moment. Something just didn't feel right...

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Cross Creek put this out when the price cuts were announced. It's legit.

I think we've all used to the SER#, proof marks, and manufacturing identifiers on the pistols, even those previously US made. I'm with ya, I like the markings but there is no impact to operation or quality, let's just hope HK GA got it right and these pistols are as well made/tuned as the German ones.

If HK expands beyond HK45s to P30s, P2000s, VP9/40s, USPs...this will be the reality unless we are loud enough to let HK know we want words and numbers on the side of the slides...I think we do.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think it will (initially) be the hammer-fired pistols.

I might have to pick up a US-made P30 LEM and TLG-spring it... ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Buy once, cry once; or not. Let's be honest for a second; most of you will be zombies one day and I'd much prefer you be zombies with crap weaponry."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I normally search out made in the USA stuff, but call me a snob, I like German cars and German guns.
    Chui and Heavy4Caliber like this.
    P7M8 (X2), P7M8SD, P7M13 factory nickel, P9S Combat .45, USP45 Tactical, USPC SS .40SW, SP5K (X2)

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

A US-made HK with a blank slide? Talking about a naked gun. I say we petition HK not to do this. The OP is correct. It just doesn't feel right...
    Mr.Mayhem likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ElvisNixon View Post
    I normally search out made in the USA stuff, but call me a snob, I like German cars and German guns.
    BMW and Mercedes both have assembly plants here in the USA. It’s (presently) the same thing with US branded pistols.
    The new guns, at the new plant, might be a different thing altogether.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

CIP/N, Stag Horn, DE, barrel/frame/slide matching SN are regulatory Germany - they won't be on a US gun.
    Chui likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hvrnaut View Post
    BMW and Mercedes both have assembly plants here in the USA. It’s (presently) the same thing with US branded pistols.
    The new guns, at the new plant, might be a different thing altogether.
    So do Beretta and SIG. A lot of SIG guys gripe about them not being the same as the German ones. Let's hope US HK's will be the same quality as we know and love. I'm not at all against HK making guns here FWIW. I just hope they prove out over time to be up to snuff.
    hvrnaut likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It's human nature that the experience of the machinists, metalugists, and gunsmith experience in Germany gives them an edge definitely during the start of the US operation in process and qc if nothing else. Hopefully, quite a few German employees got work Visas and are assisting for the foreseeable future.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    It's human nature that the experience of the machinists, metalugists, and gunsmith experience in Germany gives them an edge definitely during the start of the US operation in process and qc if nothing else. Hopefully, quite a few German employees got work Visas and are assisting for the foreseeable future.
    It has been publicly stated that HK engineers are here in the U.S. assisting the operation. No doubt the Germans have what is likely the very best (along with Austria) industry for engineering of specialized parts like firearms. Does that training pipeline and the wages of those professionals cost money, absolutely.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links