USP .40 question
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WellWellWell

Thread: USP .40 question

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default USP .40 question

I ran across a KE USP FS 40 on consignment. Land and grooves barrel. Well used, but overall good condition. Double action pull is smoother than most of my other DA/SA USPS.

Consignment price is $600. Seems high to me for a not-in-demand .40 S&W.

Your thoughts?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

That is relatively high for a 1993 dated USP40. Definitely one of the first USPs. I saw one at my LGS two months ago (dated 1994) selling for $400, which was in good but not excellent condition with 2 mags. It had worn areas on the slide and a little corrosion inside the slide towards the front end. And the recoil spring was very soft. The barrel hood was also worn indicating lots of firing. The DA pull was soft and SA pull still crisp. Yeah, I think you should ask for a lower price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My LGS has a AA (2000) USP 40 range rental gun in good shape for $500
    P7M8 (X2), P7M8SD, P7M13 factory nickel, P9S Combat .45, USP45 Tactical, USPC SS .40SW, SP5K (X2)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I paid like $550 (I think that is accurate) for what is an essentially brand new BE date coded USP 40 Full Size V1 a few months back, that gun was produced in 2014... it showed virtually no use or wear. Take that for what it's worth, it was purchased from Shoot Straight (Larger FFL) on Gunbroker... I felt that was a pretty decent deal at the time... maybe not so much now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WellWellWell View Post
    I paid like $550 (I think that is accurate) for what is an essentially brand new BE date coded USP 40 Full Size V1 a few months back, that gun was produced in 2014... it showed virtually no use or wear. Take that for what it's worth, it was purchased from Shoot Straight (Larger FFL) on Gunbroker... I felt that was a pretty decent deal at the time... maybe not so much now.
    Sounds like a good deal to me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Shoot Straight has great prices on some things but usually only on their gb, but Mike over at Cross Creek is the best overall

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Paid $650 for Fullsize USP .40sw that has 100 rounds and new Meprolight Green nights, back in 2005, looked virtually new ...

I did have Tripp put his Cobra Chrome and front serrations on it....still have never shot it
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJerkman View Post
    Shoot Straight has great prices on some things but usually only on their gb, but Mike over at Cross Creek is the best overall
    My experience has been they have a lot of great deals on GB, but yeah not so much on their website... they are great to deal with though no complaints there. Never dealt with Mike @ CC, but I may be getting an HK45 from him in the not too distant future.
    TheJerkman likes this.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

My experience has been they have a lot of great deals on GB, but yeah not so much on their website... they are great to deal with though no complaints there. Never dealt with Mike @ CC, but I may be getting an HK45 from him in the not too distant future.
    Definitely go with Mike he's damn good people. Got at least three more future gun purchases from him in the future

Sponsored Links