P30 Light FPBS Drop Safety
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TooSixy

Thread: P30 Light FPBS Drop Safety

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default P30 Light FPBS Drop Safety

I've got a P30 light FPBS on order from Brownells right now (whenever they come in) and was wondering about how much this changes the safety values from the factory. I'd assume that if I'm carrying the gun decocked, it's a non-issue, but I do wonder if it changes anything during the decocking process or while the gun is in SA mode that could cause an unintentional discharge. Likewise, if I were to install the match flat sear spring, does that impact the safety values?

(I'm also not especially clear on exactly what the nickel plated flat sear spring does to the trigger pull; I know the FPBS takes the "stacking" out of the DA pull but I'm not clear on the sear spring's impact, so some clarification on that would be appreciated.)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The nickel flat sear spring just helps smooth the break, hence the nickel material which I think is "slicker" - it made a nice break on both my HK45 and my P30L and if you are doing any trigger conversion work its almost a must "while you are in there"

Since the P30 and other pistols come with a Light FPBS from the factory I am going out on a limb to not worry about it being any less drop safe as that would be a nightmare for HK -

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    Since the P30 and other pistols come with a Light FPBS from the factory
    Not the P-series pistols. They come with Heavy FPBS from factory.

@RedRaptor The Light FPBS only affects the last stage of the trigger pull. It has nothing to do with decocking the gun and neither does the match sear spring.
    RedRaptor likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, I figured that was the case but it never hurts to ask. I'm in no rush to take down the actual fire control group, but I'll get in there to replace the flat spring eventually.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Not the P-series pistols. They come with Heavy FPBS from factory.

@RedRaptor The Light FPBS only affects the last stage of the trigger pull. It has nothing to do with decocking the gun and neither does the match sear spring.
    I stand corrected - but I always thought the V1 LEM always came with light springs all around?

Sponsored Links