USP .40 Refurbish Project, AB date code - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: USP .40 Refurbish Project, AB date code

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, I got the parts in.

USP .40 Refurbish Project, AB date code-parts.jpg

I went ahead and stripped, cleaned, and swapped out all the parts on the lower frame.

USP .40 Refurbish Project, AB date code-parts2.jpg

It was filthy. Not too surprising considering it has never been stripped down since I bought it new. Many paper towels, q-tips and part of a magic eraser died for this noble cause.

The only place the finish looked to have lots of wear was on the hammer axle. Everything else looked really good after getting all the crud off.

With help from here, youtube (hooktube) and a diagram, I reassembled and lubed it. Then function checked it, and it past. The new ambi-safety lever is a bit stiff, I suppose it will wear in. The trigger is noticeably smoother.

Next is the slide. I have decided to go ahead and get a new extractor and fire pin group to go with the new springs. After I test it and after the rest of the parts get in, I will rebuild the slide and the recoil spring.
    TheJerkman and Vincent04 like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Good going on Phase 1, let us know how the USP is running after this work.

I'm lazy, I would have bought a new Recoil Reduction System. =)
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    Good going on Phase 1, let us know how the USP is running after this work.

I'm lazy, I would have bought a new Recoil Reduction System. =)
    I am going to have to do that too when I get a can, the tactical recoil assembly is different and apparently needed when suppressed. Which is fine, then I will have a good backup.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Replaced the recoil spring and the buffer spring on the recoil assembly. The clip was a bit of a booger though. Waiting on parts now to finish upgrading the slide. I have orderd and am still awaiting a new-style firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor and a new-style firing pin block. The new-style firing pin block is back ordered everywhere including HK customer service, so the slide update probably won't happen anytime soon. :(

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PabloHoney View Post
    Replaced the recoil spring and the buffer spring on the recoil assembly. The clip was a bit of a booger though. Waiting on parts now to finish upgrading the slide. I have orderd and am still awaiting a new-style firing pin, firing pin spring, extractor and a new-style firing pin block. The new-style firing pin block is back ordered everywhere including HK customer service, so the slide update probably won't happen anytime soon. :(
    Always one problem child that holds up the project! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I too have an older usp 40, KD date code, that I have plans on doing almost the exact same thing too. This is only because I bought the firearm used and am unsure as to the history of the gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New Style firing pin spring has arrived. So now I can finish the slide...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I have finished rebuilding the slide and it function tests ok. Hopefully a range report will soon follow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links