VP9 with manual safety- Any new news?????? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: VP9 with manual safety- Any new news??????

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't care if they offer the manual safety version. I won't buy it, but some people would. Options are good.

I am interested in maritime versions though.

And I'd want to stay with the paddle mag release since that's what I already have.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    You know that some striker-fire designs use a "pre-cocked" or "partially cocked" striker...the VP9 is one of them. Kinda puts it somewhere between an LEM with no safety, but probably a little more safe than a hammer fired in condition zero. Difficult to say it has no use...
    I perfer hammer fired with DA/SA for me is the safest way to carry live round in chimber.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I prefer DA/SA too but personal preferences is not a point of this discussion. Availability of different options that had been posted on HK Deutsch website over a year ago is. At this point I am yet hear of anybody holding in their hands a VP9L, or VP9 OR (my personal point of interest), or thumb safety or push button VP9 (I wouldn't mind either if ergos are good). I really don't think that those photos indicate existence or availability.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All, I apologize if I started some controversy. I was just only curious if anyone heard anything on the Manual safety and mag. release. I was not implying they should be changed, just different models or variations offered of the original models- "Just in addition to". I am in the minority and would like a manual safety. I would like a manual safety on Glocks too. The P320's I own have manual safeties. I just feel more comfortable with one in certain situations. I am issued a Glock 19G4 for work. I carry it in a Safariland ALS holster. I am perfectly comfortable carrying it that way. But I do wish it had a manual safety for the days its carried in a leather belt holster, IWB etc. I have personally seen AD's and ND's at work in the last 25+ years of carrying a Glock semi auto. Would a manual safety have keep these from happening? Maybe, maybe not. For "ME" I would feel a little more comfortable with a manual safety. The Magazine release is a personal preference too. I like my VP9's a lot, but would like the aforementioned options. I like my P30's and USP- Mine have the manual safety option. Not real fond of the DA/SA though since I have trained and carried various "G" Striker fired pistols on duty for 25+ years. In the end, I was just curious and had no intention of alarming anyone or starting any controversy. I found those pics on the German website- They may, or may not have been photo-shopped as one forum member suggested. Here is the link- https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/prod...-overview.html
    Last edited by CHIEF15C; 03-03-2018 at 04:22 AM.
    A-Train likes this.
    CAP
    -VP9T & VP9sk
    -USP 9 COMPACT

-P30S & P30sk
    -P2000

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Man, the only thing I'd be apologetic about is the font color in your posts.

That's a joke, btw. There is no need to justify preferences. Yes, manual safeties are totally OK on striker pistols. SIG, FNH, S&W, Ruger offer strikers with manual, I am sure I am forgetting others. Glock made those for different contracts (if you want something half-equivalent for your G19, you might want to look at a striker control device, assuming you can non-permanently modify your service weapon). I strongly prefer some variant of active safety option on a striker pistol. I know enough people with a metric ton of time behind HKs and paddles releases who still prefer a push button release. I regret that, a year since those images were posted on the German website, those and other options depicted there appear nonexistent in a practical sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Man, the only thing I'd be apologetic about is the font color in your posts.

That's a joke, btw. There is no need to justify preferences. Yes, manual safeties are totally OK on striker pistols. SIG, FNH, S&W, Ruger offer strikers with manual, I am sure I am forgetting others. Glock made those for different contracts (if you want something half-equivalent for your G19, you might want to look at a striker control device, assuming you can non-permanently modify your service weapon). I strongly prefer some variant of active safety option on a striker pistol. I know enough people with a metric ton of time behind HKs and paddles releases who still prefer a push button release. I regret that, a year since those images were posted on the German website, those and other options depicted there appear nonexistent in a practical sense.
    Ha, Is this better!!! It sure did seem to chap some butts talking about it. :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So where is the news on this manual safety now? Anyone??

Bueller???

lol

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Understanding this is an old thread, I think the question still stands given HK's trajectory with the VP9...

So, any news on a manual safety?

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have always liked the VP9 design from day one, however....

...if possible, I would have liked to see more positive visual and/or tactile clues that the handgun is cocked—sort of like we have on the ultimate striker fired HK—the P7. With the P7 once you have squeezed the handle, you can literally SEE the firing pin protruding from the rear of the weapon. I truly miss that with the VPs. Sure, we have a little red thingy in there but it is hard to see in low lighting and it offers no tactile feedback. It seemed to me when I bought my first two VP9s that that could have been done with a longer striker with which to literally SEE the end of it sticking out. (How hard could that be to do?). The tactile feedback would be immeasurably useful as well. Anyone else see that as a miss in their VP design? Particularly for those of us trained and proficient in the P7 variants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CHIEF15C View Post
    Hi all, Anyone heard any new news on the VP9 w/ manual safety and Mag release? There was talk of it mid last year. They were shown on the German site (pics attached). I am hoping we will hear something soon (and about the VP9sk with manual safety)

Is it available now? Love to have this one. Like my instructor said never get a gun without thumb safety.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links