VP9 and VP9L Optic Ready! - Page 5
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: VP9 and VP9L Optic Ready!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

How is this news? These are still SFP9 (Non-US?) We've known this since March 2017.

https://www.firearmstalk.com/threads...he-way.122721/

I'm just mad because I've been waiting for the VP9L-OR for a year now.
    Last edited by t0pher; 03-14-2018 at 08:17 PM.

YVK
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    They should have taken more time before deciding to put .40 RSA's into the VP9
    Indeed. That almost seemed like a premature decision. HK should really take some more time on OR. Make sure screws are right, plates are good, whatever else is important. I mean, putting an RDS on already existing and proven reliable by several years of service pistol is a pioneering work, only fools will rush in.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Current:
    H&K P30L Ultimate V4.1CH steel 9 mm Luger, H&K USP Expert Custom eXtreme steel 9 mm Luger,
    H&K P30SK Ultimate V4.1CH steel 9 mm Luger, H&K USP Compact Wife Match 9 mm Luger
    CZ 83 Nickel 9 mm Browning, Drulov mod. 90 22 LR, Alfa-Proj Holek 831 38 Special, CZ858 Tactical Custom 7,62 x 39, Mosin Nagant 1891/30 1940 7,62 x 54R
    Past:
    H&K P30LS V3 9 mm Luger, H&K USP Stainless 9 mm Luger
    Plans:
    H&K HK45T V7 45 ACP, H&K P7M13 9 mm Luger

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Until HK releases the VP9L, I'll just have to continue shooting my Walther PPQ M2 and imagine it is a VP9L.
    Warp and Phaedrus like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If this has been noticed before, apologies. The rear sight cut is different (different rear sight for that matter). I assume this is to improve (provide more foot print) for the optic mount?

Kinda looks like a P2000 sight...

Any opinions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMc View Post
    If this has been noticed before, apologies. The rear sight cut is different (different rear sight for that matter). I assume this is to improve (provide more foot print) for the optic mount?

Kinda looks like a P2000 sight...

Any opinions?
    That was my take as well. While I don't doubt the VP9 can be milled for an RDS (because obviously it has been done), one of my issues is ensuring that I can mount an adjustable tall sight behind it - and I'm pretty much limited to LPA adjustables. Another issue was at the advice of one of my former armorers (I think others may call these people gunsmiths, not sure of wording), in that if the screws/milling goes too deep, it reduces too much of the metal that the OE provided for that surrounds certain components.

If H&K can move this backwards, it may help the milling placement (by moving the rear sight mount further to the rear).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JasperGTR View Post
    That was my take as well. While I don't doubt the VP9 can be milled for an RDS (because obviously it has been done), one of my issues is ensuring that I can mount an adjustable tall sight behind it - and I'm pretty much limited to LPA adjustables. Another issue was at the advice of one of my former armorers (I think others may call these people gunsmiths, not sure of wording), in that if the screws/milling goes too deep, it reduces too much of the metal that the OE provided for that surrounds certain components.

If H&K can move this backwards, it may help the milling placement (by moving the rear sight mount further to the rear).
    That makes perfect since, I assume (always with its own issues) that if they reduce the rear sight footprint, there is a good reason for doing it (optimize the available real estate for milling).

I would love to see someone make a good low profile adjustable rear for the HK VP9/P30 series (kinda like the bomb proof example on the CZ Shadow 2).

I have been spoiled with the ability to dial in any load on my Shadow 2.

Before someone says it, I know there are adjustable sights for these HK, I would just like something more robust that could also be carried. The adjustable sight on the Wilson EDC X9 is very impressive as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hopefully there will be a version with a paddle mag release. A button is pretty much the only dealbreaker I can even imagine on such a cool gun, but it has to be a paddle for me or it's a no-go.
    HK USC 45 Carbine
    P30S 9mm with Gray Guns Carry Perfection package
    USPf9 with Match Trigger
    P30L v1 LEM .40 S&W
    P2000 v2 LEM 9mm
    VP9

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckMc View Post
    I would love to see someone make a good low profile adjustable rear for the HK VP9/P30 series (kinda like the bomb proof example on the CZ Shadow 2).
    I did not exactly tried to photo rear sight, but you can see adjustable rear sight on this photo.

Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Hopefully there will be a version with a paddle mag release. A button is pretty much the only dealbreaker I can even imagine on such a cool gun, but it has to be a paddle for me or it's a no-go.
    Why not both?

If they have a button frame, and paddle frame, everything else we are discussing is slide only, right?

I mean (arbitrarily), How hard would it be to make a VP9 b (button), and a VP9 p (paddle)? One thing I liked about the P320 (still haven't gotten used to it) is the modular frame. Possible to have one frame with button, another with paddle, one compact, another full size, etc... (not saying Sig these variants, just speaking about the modularity that brings choice)
    Last edited by JasperGTR; 04-06-2018 at 07:36 PM.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links