New to H&K - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New to H&K

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    My logic says my turbo BMW should run on 87 octane, and it will, but not right. BMW cutting corners, you know? Even have to use some special dot brake fluid for the excess heat. What a poor design!
    But it does run, yes? And not die at stoplights or anything?

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slingin9mm View Post
    Yes I guess that is what they are doing, I hope when I get it returned that there is red paint on the spring. I bet they will just paint my current one red then send it back. I'll know though just check the ejection pattern again. I just upset that once again I get a supposed higher quality firearm & the company ruins my faith in that firearm's reliability by demanding a certain ammo type or not using the correct part for the firearm.
    German company and they are just known for being very “THEIR WAY” is the only way, they don’t like that the US forces put aftermarket parts on their guns IE stocks, Rails, Triggers.. THEY LOVE NORWAY, THEY KEEP THEM ALL OEM.. I don’t get it, but?

I only shoot Brass cased Factory AMMO Through all my Guns, seen to many horror pics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I still think that any quality pistol should be able to shoot all manufactured ammo. I know I've said this several times, but it seems that some think it's okay for H&K to sell a pistol with a incorrect part.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I still think that any quality pistol should be able to shoot all manufactured ammo. I know I've said this several times, but it seems that some think it's okay for H&K to sell a pistol with a incorrect part.
    As an act of welcome to the forum, if hk customer service doesn't give you a red RSA , I will exchange one which is from the initial run that came with it, red paint and all. I shoot +p, so happy to help. The RSA only has 1 box through it, of Hornady Critical Duty.
    P. S. There are other makers, off hand, kimber, fn, CZ, some Sigs, that all need the pressure, not just hk, to cycle reliably esp when new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well I don't think they will do anything, was suppose to receive shipping label today didn't, if you willing good sir, also thank you. I'll take you up on that. I'll pm you my shipping info. Again thanks, yes I want this pistol to succeed cause I really like the feel of it in hand.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I have shot the same ammo through my M&P 2.0, 115 grain & never had a any issue at all with it. I just cannot believe that when you buy a higher quality pistol, like the H&K you have to only use a certain kind of ammo. Well I say bullshit, those guns should perform again on any manufactured ammo. I have never had any problems with Federal Champion ammo, Blazer brass, Tulammo, Federal Champion Aluminum case etc. Now is the only reason behind this is because I got the wrong ejection spring in my VP9. I got the VP40 recoil spring instead of the red marked VP9 spring.
    My question is, if I got the correct spring would it perform like it should with all ammo types? Like 115 grain all casing types also.
    Wow.
    Ok, so here's a news flash for ya bub. Everything about that pistol is for the .40 except for the barrel, and the magazines.
    The two caliber'd guns use ALL the same parts except for the two mentioned items. You can throw a 9mm barrel into a .40 model, load the .40 mags up with 9 mill pills, and shoot the **** out of it. Same with a 9mm, aside from you can't feed .40 rounds from the 9mm mags.
    So that "high dollar pistol" you keep ranting about, because of a SPRING is making you sooooo unhappy, get rid of it. I'll PM you my address, and you can ship it to my ffl, and I'll hold onto it for you.
    It'll be nice and safe, and well appreciated. AND I'll feed her like she deserves.

Honestly, it sounds to me like you are pissed cuz you spent all your cash on the pistol, and didnt leave any left over for decent ammo.

I'm gonna tell you straight up that half your ranting is just a load of BS. RIGHT out of the box, NO cleaning, NO Lubing, Just a day or two with the slide locked back, and my VP9 shot Crap ammo. YES, I tested it! 200 rounds of no name, white box reload'd 115gr ball. 200 rounds, NO hiccups.
    I recommended, what I recommended, because it's the good stuff. It's proven reliable. And while I honestly will not shoot steel or aluminum, I'm sure that any of my HK's would not leave me disappointed.

Oh, and if you're so upset about the HK, heaven help you if you ever decide to buy a Walther.
    WolfieRules likes this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So for what I paid for this pistol, thinking I was getting a higher quality firearm that in my opinion should shoot any ammo out there that is manufactured without a issue. Also in what way locking back the slide going to help reduce the tension on that spring. I work with springs, they don't just loosen up in a few days with some minor tension, it would take years keeping that slide locked back. I also don't believe in owning a firearm that is out of the box ammo picky. A $600 dollar combat ready pistol should be able to feed reliably any ammo in that pistols caliber. Either it being brass, steel or aluminum case.
    I do want to thank all for the great replies, but in my rant here I just cannot believe for what I paid for this pistol, I now have to lock back the slide & purchase special kind of 124 grain ammo, just to shoot it reliably. I am not sure now how long I'll keep this pistol now. I am thinking instead of selling my M&P 2.0 9 mm pistol I'll keep it cause just by performance the M&P out performs the H&K VP 9 out of the box & will feed anything I put in it. Wow, a $450 dollar firearm beating the H&K VP 9, a $550+ pistol that has weak ejection just because of the wrong spring, cause the company wanted to cut corners & use up there VP40 stock of springs instead of using the proper springs to begin with. Also S&W M&P 2.0 manual says nothing about any certain ammo types, just that it not be reloaded ammo, all manufactured ammo is good to go. This is why I cannot find a good 9 mm pistol, cause every time I get one that's supposed to be of higher quality I end up hearing something like this. I have even seen this in the Sig Sauer 226 9 mm a $800+ pistol picky about ammo. I say not.
    First of all SGAmmo has some great prices on Prvi Partizan 9mm NATO ammo. I just bought 1000 rds a month ago for under $200. It works flawlessly and the company was a pleasure to do business w/. Current 115 gr loads and the stiff recoil spring that was designed to be run w/ 9mm NATO ammo sometimes isn't a good combo. Second, I could very well be wrong, but I'm not aware of the VP9/40's ever being advertised as "combat pistols". If you wanted a "combat pistol" then you should have bought a USP9. My USP9 LEM has eaten everything that I have fed it w/ zero issues.
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    Everything about that pistol is for the .40 except for the barrel, and the magazines.
    The two caliber'd guns use ALL the same parts except for the two mentioned items.
    No they don't

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Just another troll thread apparently....how many of these new gun needs decent ammo to break in are there? A lot of them! The OP either doesn't get it, or just likes to troll, one or the other IMO
    TooSixy and Speedy2015 like this.
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    No they don't
    Which are different? I'm genuinely asking, because I DO actually like being corrected. I know there's gonna be some Obvious differences with the SK models, and I'm basing my statement off the browsing that I've done on the HKparts.net site. So yeah, definitely, please correct me here.

Ok, I've done some research since last night. Now please don't take this as gospel I DO NOT work for HK so I can't guarantee the specs are correct. Red spring- From the factory, 17 pounds. Silver Spring- From the factory, 22 pounds. HKparts.net spring- 18 pounds. https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...hts-print.html
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Stai...-367p17306.htm

There are some theories as to why they upgraded the springs, tho I couldn't anything concrete directly from HK or claimed as being from HK.
    1) The Tactical models wouldn't operate correctly when pressures were altered by having a silencer on them.
    2) The red springs had caused a few issues of not being strong enough to keep the slide from being knocked out of battery. (This I may actually give a bit of credence to, since the very first part of the rearward slide motion is pretty easy. You can literally push it back with two fingers to push it far enough back to do a press check.)

Now, that being said....It's not an uncommon knowledge among tournament shooters that you use different powered springs, for different ammo. Lighter springs, lighter ammo, heavier springs, heavier ammo. It's also not uncommon knowledge that the weight of the spring changes how fast the slide recoils and returns to battery, or how hard the slide racks back when the blowback makes it cycle.

Now THAT said.... have you done your regular maintenance?? Cleaning it, lubing it, checking it for any burrs or especially rough spots in the mounting block, and frames? Does the action feel smooth, or gritty when you hand rack the slide or move it back to the locked position? Does it freely spring forward, when you release the slide? Did you check to make sure that your ammo choices can freely turn in the chamber? And that they are ejecting correctly with a hand cycle?
    Did you check the upper clearance on your magazines? Are any of them showing wear along the upper edge of the feedlips.

TBH, it's really premature to assume that it's the spring, when there's no info about the other moving parts, or contact parts of the pistol. AND to just assume that you've been Gyped, just because HK decided to move to higher poundage spring from a lower one. Especially since you're having weak ejections, which a stiffer spring Could make worse.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links