New to H&K - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: New to H&K

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    First off, thank you for the corrections, folks. I really DO appreciate that. Noted, and stored to memory! :)

THAT would actually be product misrepresentation. A litigation lawyer (ESPECIALLY an anti-gun freak) would snap that case up in an instant. Most companies really don't want that. Especially since if proven to be true, would be a lost court case to them. And nobody wants bad press. The bigger you are, the less you want it.

I can honestly say that I haven't read the manual to a lot of mine, either. Tho my experiences with my Walther, has kinda changed that habit.
    "Corporate" or "management" Decides to make a change that makes sense to them, but in reality, it only works on paper. Ahhhhh.....if only that wasn't the case SO much of the time!

Touche! Tho thank you, no. I'll be buying mine for $499, with free shipping :D
    And another $40 dollars for a steel guiderod/18lb spring. The whole spring issue aside, I'm a fan of more weight under the barrel, but seriously not a fan of attachments on the rail.
    And please....DON'T jump on that as a chance to troll. It's a personal choice for an upgrade, nothing to do with how the pistol does, or doesn't ship out.

Ok, so.... as far as what HK CSR has told you. This, I say NOT as an excuse for the company, but as a fact from my own experience. I have worked a Lot of CSR jobs. I was a supervisor at my Last CSR job. I was also partially responsible for QA (quality assurance) as that supervisor. Here's what I can tell you for FACT. If you call in, or talk to 5 different reps, in one hour. You will either get the "official company line" from the experienced reps, or you will get 5 completely different answers from 5 different people. Somebody telling you that the "wrong spring went out in a lot of US models" is NOT the proper response to give. I'd have had a looong coaching session with somebody if I heard that on a call. (Again, tho, my job was NOT at HK.) Hell, even at my current job, if you ask three of my clerks a question, two of them will give you different answers. At least one of them being an answer that comes out completely wrong. It sucks. It makes me wanna pull my hair out. But no amount of coaching changes it.

I don't disagree with all of what you are saying. Tho, I do kinda think that some of your expectations are set too high. And here's why. A gun is nothing more than a machine. With modern machining methods, some of those parts need to wear in a little bit. This has proven true to me, especially with pistols, more often than not. Case in point.... my first pistol, my Beretta 92fs had well over 3k rounds thru it. Brand new models of the same pistol shot just as well, possibly even better. But the feel of that worn in slide, frame and recoil spring was like rubbing two pieces greased glass across each other.
    Machines work better, when they're worn in. Not worn out, worn in.
    Should they work like they SHOULD, as soon as you start them up. YES. Do I understand where you are coming from? YES. (I have a Walther P99c that I paid 400 dollars for, that so far....will not go completely into battery on a loaded chamber, from a hand cycle!) With a lot of people telling me, "Oh just do a rack and tap" Or "Glocks are like that too". Are those answers satisfactory to me? Will I trust that weapon as a carry piece? NO to both. Not until that gun performs as I know that it should. So I GET IT.
    But, I'M willing to get some more ammo thru it, before I make a judgement call on it.

BUT....when a person wants to just rant and piss and moan, about a problem on a machine, and start making all kinds of assumptions about the company that made it, WITHOUT giving that weapon a second operational chance, without changing up their ammo, WITHOUT CHECKING FOR OTHER POSSIBLE CAUSES OF THE PROBLEM SUCH AS ACTUAL DEFECTIVE PARTS...Then IMO that person is (And as a CSR I've dealt with TONS of them!!!) Then it's THAT person who's in the wrong.
    Just like to add here is the list of ammo shot that day.
    Federal Champion 115 grain aluminum case FMJ
    Remington 115 grain UMC FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115/124 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ
    Agulia 124 grain FMJ
    Winchester White box 115 grain FMJ

So in all I just tallied up around 315 round of various ammo was shot, out of those I would say that 90% had a weak ejection pattern. Most of the ejected casings where going back into my face, off my hat etc.
    Also, with said pistol having once again the incorrect part, a recoil spring designed for a VP40 not the VP9, this is the reasoning behind said issues. Now yes I didn't have any major malfunctions, which yes in a nutshell is amazing.
    So your comment about getting more ammo through it, I believe that 315+ rounds through a pistol in one day with several different ammo types should be plenty enough. I just thought I would clear this up. I was just upset that a company, yes told me on the phone that the pistol did have the VP40 recoil spring assembly, this would cause a break in period over the correct spring that usually was installed. This break in period was to reduce the tension of the VP40 spring assembly, so the VP9 could then reliably feed all 9 mm ammo types. I just have never purchased a firearm that supposed to have a higher standard of "Quality" over other firearms out there, I wasn't expecting this to happen with the pistol on it's first range trip.
    I was expecting performance that greater than my M&P 2.0 but I didn't get that, which my M&P 2.0 ran the same ammo without issues of any kind, including ejection. You'll say why am I getting rid of the M&P, well one reason is carry, that grip is a bit much for IWB carry, I know could cover it but that's for another debate.
    I all I never said that I disliked the VP9, I just would have liked for the price, correct parts. Thanks.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMcgavan View Post
    Im looking for the best gr. for my usp 40 T. lighter seems snappy heaver seems to be easier to recover from. thoughts?
    Same gun/load, recoil can be subjective to the shooter. There shouldn’t be much difference between 165/180.
    Shoot for accuracy is the rule, it’s the round that places well that counts. Typical SD/HD, heavier bullet is the better bet. Train with the same/close-to your SD load.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

In closing to all of this, I seemed to delete the packing slip that H&K sent me in my email that went to my spam, I didn't notice it until I pressed empty spam, then saw the H&K reps name on the top of the list but was to late few seconds afterwards all was gone. So I emailed H&K back, the rep that was handling this issue. I just said heck with it this morning, I put the recoil spring back into the VP9 & am going to let it sit with the slide locked open till Friday so 3 days if this works should give it some reduction. I also got some more 124 grain FMJ NATO spec ammo, that Agulia ammo, also some American Eagle 124 grain FMJ. I am also trying some Sellier & Bellot 124 grain ammo, that I forgot I had on hand. This weekend I will shoot another 300+ rounds through it & check results. I also have thought about purchasing a Galloway Precision stainless steel guide rod, but not sure what lbs to get it in. Now if any of you H&K fan boys out there have used a Galloway Precision guide rod then, please let me know which one works for all ammo types. Thanks. So in a nutshell I just said hell with it. Now if I continue to have issues the the new guide rod, but time will tell. Thanks all for all the information, & for the great debate on this fine pistol that H&K seems to have really messed up.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wow, cheese with the whine?

Did OP sell and get his HiPoint yet? Soon, I hope.
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

'H&K sent me in my email that went to my spam, I didn't notice it until I pressed empty spam, then saw the H&K reps name on the top of the list but was to late few seconds afterwards all was gone. So I emailed H&K back, the rep that was handling this issue. '

As opposed to asking for another packing slip? How did it get to spam when you have supposedly been corresponding and got a shipping label? Deleted spam just as you noticed the hk email? You actually have this whole time decent ammo? I smell so much BS.
    Straightgrain should nuke this thread along with the dozens of other glock fanboys who got their feelers hurt because the VP9, the first striker from hk in decades got recognized as hangun of the year, twice, not a gkock. I guess that really pissed some people off.

So, be on your way troll.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    WolfieRules likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slingin9mm View Post
    Just like to add here is the list of ammo shot that day.
    Federal Champion 115 grain aluminum case FMJ
    Remington 115 grain UMC FMJ
    Blazer Brass 115/124 grain FMJ
    Fiocchi 124 grain FMJ
    Agulia 124 grain FMJ
    Winchester White box 115 grain FMJ

So in all I just tallied up around 315 round of various ammo was shot, out of those I would say that 90% had a weak ejection pattern. Most of the ejected casings where going back into my face, off my hat etc.
    Also, with said pistol having once again the incorrect part, a recoil spring designed for a VP40 not the VP9, this is the reasoning behind said issues. Now yes I didn't have any major malfunctions, which yes in a nutshell is amazing.
    So your comment about getting more ammo through it, I believe that 315+ rounds through a pistol in one day with several different ammo types should be plenty enough. I just thought I would clear this up. I was just upset that a company, yes told me on the phone that the pistol did have the VP40 recoil spring assembly, this would cause a break in period over the correct spring that usually was installed. This break in period was to reduce the tension of the VP40 spring assembly, so the VP9 could then reliably feed all 9 mm ammo types. I just have never purchased a firearm that supposed to have a higher standard of "Quality" over other firearms out there, I wasn't expecting this to happen with the pistol on it's first range trip.
    I was expecting performance that greater than my M&P 2.0 but I didn't get that, which my M&P 2.0 ran the same ammo without issues of any kind, including ejection. You'll say why am I getting rid of the M&P, well one reason is carry, that grip is a bit much for IWB carry, I know could cover it but that's for another debate.
    I all I never said that I disliked the VP9, I just would have liked for the price, correct parts. Thanks.
    Couple things

In terms of breaking the gun in or loosening the recoil spring a bit, 315 rounds isn't that many, and 'all in one day' doesn't really matter vs spread out over 2 or 3 range trips.

Weak ejection is not a malfunction. If the gun runs without any stoppages, it runs without any stoppages.

Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    'H&K sent me in my email that went to my spam, I didn't notice it until I pressed empty spam, then saw the H&K reps name on the top of the list but was to late few seconds afterwards all was gone. So I emailed H&K back, the rep that was handling this issue. '

As opposed to asking for another packing slip? How did it get to spam when you have supposedly been corresponding and got a shipping label? Deleted spam just as you noticed the hk email? You actually have this whole time decent ammo? I smell so much BS.
    Straightgrain should nuke this thread along with the dozens of other glock fanboys who got their feelers hurt because the VP9, the first striker from hk in decades got recognized as hangun of the year, twice, not a gkock. I guess that really pissed some people off.

So, be on your way troll.

As somebody who posts to and reads Glock Talk a lot, and has since 2005, let me just tell you...I don't even know what "handgun of the year" you are referring to, nor do I care in the least...and I'll wager that basically nobody over on Glock Talk knows or cares, even a little.

I'll also let you in on a little life secret..."___ of the year" almost always goes to something new or significantly redesigned. Why do you think every new pickup truck is advertised as "truck of the year by ____ publication" lol

I also find it telling that you are in here ranting about Glock when the OP has only ever talked about HK and S&W. Yes, Glock is the Big Dog with several advantages over the VP. Yes, it's logical for you to be mad about that. But to bring it up out of nowhere and pound your chest about some silly "gun of the year" thing...lol...nobody cares dude
    Last edited by Warp; 03-21-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Actually, I don't care either. At this point I'm at work having fun.
    Use Google for my of the year reference.
    The OP is trolling.

WolfieRules likes this.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Condition0 View Post
    Actually, I don't care either. At this point I'm at work having fun.
    Use Google for my of the year reference.
    The OP is trolling.
    I don't care enough to Google it, I'm just saying, this belief that Glock guys care or even know about it is silly.

OP may indeed be trolling. If not he's one angry fellow. I actually suspect the latter given that he is seemingly admitting that his stiffly sprung VP9 functioned without stoppage before being broken in while shooting weak ammo.

Weak ejection isn't a malfunction. If it was, a lot of Glocks (there's that word again) would be guilty as erratic ejection, weak ejection, and brass to face (BTF) are not uncommon. But if it runs, it runs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

On a different note, locking the slide back before range time is a myth. a.) The spring is extended in a static position, non-cycling. b.) The RS is a flat coil for a reason, longevity.
    As alluded, part of the problem is HK depending-on-whom-you-talk-to CS conveys this, so it must be true.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)

@slingin9mm HK replaced the old VP9 recoil spring (aka the Red spring) with the one for the VP40 due to issues with the slide not going into battery. It is not because "Hey, we put the wrong VP40 recoil spring in your VP9 slide because it was late in a Friday afternoon." If that was the official response that you claimed you received when calling and talking to an HK rep, well, he needs to be re-trained and re-trained some more.

Do some reading before bashing the company.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...y-100-a-2.html

Or just click on this Google search link below. It gives you everything related to "battery" on a VP9 that was discussed on this site (whether out of battery or failure to return to battery, etc.)

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.TV-oS5hY4HY

@Condition0 I have never seen that many trolls and Block fanboys coming to this site until HK came out with the VP series. Remember that "VP9 OCD" phrase? I sure did not see that when the least expensive HK cost over $800. It's sad that those days are over and now we have to put up with these trolls.
    Last edited by TooSixy; 03-21-2018 at 04:28 PM.
    WolfieRules and KoB like this.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Sponsored Links