• 2 Post By TooSixy
  • 1 Post By P30
  • 1 Post By Speedy2015
  • 1 Post By Faustus

Thread: Replace LEM trigger on P30

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Replace LEM trigger on P30

My local gun store has a sweet deal on a P30. However, after trying the lem trigger, I've decided I'd rather have a conventional trigger/action.
    Is it possible to replace the lem trigger? Is this something I could try myself, or better left to gunsmith?

Thanks.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

Yes, by not buying it. Buy a DA/SA instead, no matter how sweet the deal is, because you will eventually sell it to buy a DA/SA.
    Pag23 and dushan like this.

P30
    Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    However, after trying the lem trigger, I've decided I'd rather have a conventional trigger/action.
    Just to make sure: You know that you have an LEM trigger only after you've cycled the slide, don't you?

It's a light trigger like a single action trigger but with a long pull like a double action trigger. It breaks like a single action trigger. Reset is a bit long but shorter than with double action only.

In short: An LEM trigger feels like a single action trigger but with a longer pretravel.

youtu.be/uNyxhMFOntU?t=420
    Last edited by P30; 03-18-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    C.Rock likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    Just to make sure: You know that you have an LEM trigger only after you've cycled the slide, don't you?

It's a light trigger like a single action trigger but with a long pull like a double action trigger. It breaks like a single action trigger. Reset is a bit long but shorter than with double action only.

In short: An LEM trigger feels like a single action trigger but with a longer pretravel.

youtu.be/uNyxhMFOntU?t=420
    I think this could be why HK does not sell more LEM pistols. I was at LGS last week looking at HKs are finishing at the range and a guy was looking at the P30SK LEM. The clerk racked the slide to do a chamber check. The guy did a dry fire and then tried to dry fire it in full DA mode and was struggling. I told him that the ONLY time he would ever need to do that is a second strike on a dud round. The clerk and counter guy looked at me kind of strange and just could not seem the get the LEM trigger concept.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    ― Thomas Jefferson

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

All of my hammer fired HK’s are LEM. Buy the gun! You will be happy

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WolfieRules likes this.
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My only non LEM is my P2000sk...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally I love the LEM, but to each his own. If you are at all hesitant, don't get the LEM, because you really can't convert it to DA/SA after the fact—the frame is not cut for the decocker. Going the other way is possible, though not supported by HK; however, with a bit of work you can convert one of the DA/SA variants into an LEM, either with the decocker (something like a V0) or with a gap in the back of the frame where it was removed. The other way around just won't work.

If you're thinking of swapping-out fire control groups to convert variants, the USP series is much more modular and flexible in that regard.
    P30 likes this.
    In a world of compromise, some procrastinate.

Sponsored Links