Weird bumps on usp45 tactical barrel - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Weird bumps on usp45 tactical barrel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PSG1 Nut View Post
    @Sven53 I don't think i've read as concise/informative posts on here in a long time. Thanks for contributing to the knowledge base of Pro and thanks for the info on the MK23. I'm not as big a SOCOM pistol guy as Tony is but your posts are now saved in my reference collection.

Again, Thanks
    Thank you for appreciating, PSG1_Nut. It is a great pleasure to share / trade information on and experiences with the MK23 pistol and PEQ-6 with you, Tony and all those equally inclined to dive deeper, below the surface.

Sven

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

For those interested, this was the response from an HKCS armorer

"I got your email from Customer Service with the picture of your barrel. I am sorry to see that kind of finish on your barrel. To me it looks like the finish was either over heated or was covered too thick during the finishing process allowing it to bubble and/or "drip" as it cured..... "

As you would expect, their customer service is nothing but the best and they offered to replace the barrel at no charge if I wanted. Thanks to all who added their input

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yz125racer View Post

"I got your email from Customer Service with the picture of your barrel. I am sorry to see that kind of finish on your barrel. To me it looks like the finish was either over heated or was covered too thick during the finishing process allowing it to bubble and/or "drip" as it cured..... "

As you would expect, their customer service is nothing but the best and they offered to replace the barrel at no charge if I wanted. Thanks to all who added their input
    Sorry to hijack the post with Mark 23 ramblings--- thank you for the HKCS response--- I was partially correct in my assessment!!!
    What was the HKCS method of resolution?
    And HKCS is the best.

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Sorry to hijack the post with Mark 23 ramblings--- thank you for the HKCS response--- I was partially correct in my assessment!!!
    What was the HKCS method of resolution?
    And HKCS is the best.

Tony
    They said that although the finish is not the best, there should be no problems over time. So I opted to keep my original barrel to keep everything serialized together. They offered to sell me a new barrel so that is what I will do instead of replacing me current. Although more expensive to me I have no problem supporting a great company.
    omega21 likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

They said that although the finish is not the best, there should be no problems over time. So I opted to keep my original barrel to keep everything serialized together. They offered to sell me a new barrel so that is what I will do instead of replacing me current. Although more expensive to me I have no problem supporting a great company.
    Thanks for the update--- I totally agree with your decision--- I hope that you got the barrel at a discounted price!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow, Maybe they don't hate us that much after all...
    omega21 likes this.

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Best 15 minutes I have spent here in quite a while. Thanks to the great postings.
    omega21 likes this.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

@Oicani
    Can we get @Sven53 's posts about the finishes into the ref library?
    Sven, I'll echo the rest of the folks who already commented - thank you for the superbly laid out and detailed info.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

There is nothing defective with the finish on yz125racer’s barrel. There are numerous USP TACTICAL and MARK 23 pistols with barrels with the thick “orange peel” finish, and there is nearly an equal number of non-mil owners of these pistols that get alarmed about the “unusually rough” or “unusually bumpy” texture of the finish on their barrels as being a QC problem or abnormality.

Ever since the introduction of the changes to HK’s protective top coating for its SOCOM and USP series pistols / parts in mid to late 2000, the concern about the “unusually” coarse texture or consistency of the finish has popped up every 5 years or so on various forums —and continues to do so, outliving more and more of the reasonably knowledged persons who have the history and experience to know that these are not defects.

Example:

More progressive customer care approaches do whatever it takes to make the customer feel better, even when it is the perception of a defect versus an actual production defect or QC failure. The power of that approach in winning and sustaining customer satisfaction and loyalty is evident and gains more for the brand in the long run than the cost of supplying discounted or even no-cost parts replacements.

Sven
    yz125racer and omega21 like this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    @Oicani
    Can we get @Sven53 's posts about the finishes into the ref library?
    Sven, I'll echo the rest of the folks who already commented - thank you for the superbly laid out and detailed info.
    You’re very welcome, omega21. Thank you for your appreciation and kind words. The HK finishes for “high endurance” requirements have a complex history / evolution due to HK’s investment in continuous improvement (from the perspective of the performance of the finishes).

Sven

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links