hk45 in 9mm. - Page 3

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an updated usp line: hk9, hk9compact, hk9 tactical

Voters
68. This poll is closed
  • Yes i`d buy a hk9

21 30.88%
  • No

9 13.24%
  • No need there`s p30 line already

38 55.88%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: hk45 in 9mm.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet818 View Post
    I'm in Canada. Will they be able to work on mine? Is it allowed for me to send mine down to them?

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    I’m no expert....but pretty sure you will run into some problems crossing borders....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can still count my hk's with one hand....I just gotta start over once or twice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Majority thinks otherwise but i am not alone i guess :) 14/5/21 still 35% wants the lever decocker of hk45 on a 9mm :P

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was just talking the other day about how great it'd be to have a P30 with the HK45 trigger/reset without having to send it off for trigger work. No strong feelings either way about the decocker location though, Nutnfancy's review notwithstanding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think it’s a question of phrasing here. Rather than asking about an entirely new line of pistols from a company actively making, what, 6 lines?... (USP, Mark 23, P2000, P30, HK45, VP, for those curious how I came about that number) It might be better received if we said a P30 with a USP/HK45 trigger group. I’m one of those, try as I might, that just never became one with the P-series trigger. I get what you’re saying, but advocating another model vs. a new variant of an existing one is harder to get into. Just my 2¢.
    NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
    "The Bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps." (Gen A.A. Vandergrift to Congress, 1946)
    Magnanimous esto - esse quam videri

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    Not sure I'd see the point—as noted, not really a lot of differences between the platforms for HK to justify creating a slightly different HK45. I suppose if they made an HK45 with the squared-off trigger guard of the P30 (the HK45 is, I believe, the only modern HK pistol with the raked-back trigger guard face) it could mean a more precise fit for interchangeability of holsters; that's the only advantage I would perceive—otherwise, either control/safety layout is usable and becomes second-nature with practice.
    That is the entire point. Grip and trigger guard. The 45c is not compatible with most of the best lights on the market. Absolutely crazy.
    As for the grip, I tried and tried to get used to it. Did the Talon grips in both rubber and “skate” tape. Hated it. I did stop short of stippling the frame.

I’ve owned three 45c. I think it is a great gun. I just couldn’t ever warm up to it enough, especially with the P30 variants being so ergonomic for me. I finally decided to let them all go to a shooter who could accept them as they were, or make their own changes.

As for the controls, I only use the LEM trigger with my HKs, so the safety postition/decocker, etc. become unimportant. Now, if my P30 had as nice as a trigger as the HK45 guns, that would be nice.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NCDevilDog View Post
    I think it’s a question of phrasing here. Rather than asking about an entirely new line of pistols from a company actively making, what, 6 lines?... (USP, Mark 23, P2000, P30, HK45, VP, for those curious how I came about that number) It might be better received if we said a P30 with a USP/HK45 trigger group. I’m one of those, try as I might, that just never became one with the P-series trigger. I get what you’re saying, but advocating another model vs. a new variant of an existing one is harder to get into. Just my 2¢.
    Welcome back NCDevilDog! Haven't seen you on in a while. Hope everything has been well for you!
    HK USP45
    HK USP9
    HK Stainless USP45c
    Colt Stainless S70 1911 Government
    Colt 6920 Trooper
    PTR91 GI

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- Thomas Jefferson

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey thank you! It’s been an arduous journey!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have no interest in an updated USP line. My USP9 LEM is everything I need. I am more interested in them bringing back a "classic" line w/ the roller locks and P7's/P9S' (I know this won't happen, but I can dream!) and bringing us the latest iterations of the MR556/MR762 lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK12Step View Post
    Showtime,
    I’d try and get your hands on one to shoot. Find what feels best for you, only you know you. They are all good in different ways in my experience, hence why I own many models. Heavy vs Light LEM will obviously feel different so see which you prefer, once you decide, you can change out with springs of necessary. As to the LEM pull on the different platforms, you may not even notice. I’m biased as I’m a huge USPc fan but if it doesn’t work for you I get it. If you like the feel of the HK45C I was just suggesting the P2000 as food for thought. Good luck.

Thanks! I do agree. Problem is, not many HK products for rent around me. They carry Glock, S&W....etc. So im going to make some calls this week to see what I can come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hvrnaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    Not sure I'd see the point—as noted, not really a lot of differences between the platforms for HK to justify creating a slightly different HK45. I suppose if they made an HK45 with the squared-off trigger guard of the P30 (the HK45 is, I believe, the only modern HK pistol with the raked-back trigger guard face) it could mean a more precise fit for interchangeability of holsters; that's the only advantage I would perceive—otherwise, either control/safety layout is usable and becomes second-nature with practice.
    That is the entire point. Grip and trigger guard. The 45c is not compatible with most of the best lights on the market. Absolutely crazy.
    As for the grip, I tried and tried to get used to it. Did the Talon grips in both rubber and “skate” tape. Hated it. I did stop short of stippling the frame.

I’ve owned three 45c. I think it is a great gun. I just couldn’t ever warm up to it enough, especially with the P30 variants being so ergonomic for me. I finally decided to let them all go to a shooter who could accept them as they were, or make their own changes.

As for the controls, I only use the LEM trigger with my HKs, so the safety postition/decocker, etc. become unimportant. Now, if my P30 had as nice as a trigger as the HK45 guns, that would be nice.
    As for the rail issue and compatability....Sigs doing the same thing now and making their own style rail. My P365 is like that. Seems that they want a chunck of the optics and light market.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links