P30SK Clicking Sound

Thread: P30SK Clicking Sound

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default P30SK Clicking Sound

I picked up a P30SK recently and noticed that on the DA trigger pull, if I pull back far enough but then let off the trigger rather than pulling all the way through the break, there is a pronounced clicking sound as the hammer comes back to its resting position. Function on the firearm so far has been 100% (440 rounds fired) so I'm not necessarily concerned, however, none of my other HK handguns have this clicking sound so wanted to see if this is normal or something I should have an HK armorer possibly look into. Video of the clicking noise below (the firearm is safety checked). Thoughts?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)

That's the sound of the catch hitting the notch on the hammer every time the hammer is lowered then raised up.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    That's the sound of the catch hitting the notch on the hammer every time the hammer is lowered then raised up.
    Is the catch of different design than say the USP or HK45? Neither of those two pistols of mine make this sound. I also had a standard P30 for a short time and don't recall it making this sound either... Again, I'm not worried about it since the firearm functions perfectly, but more or less just curious. Also, you can "feel" the click as well. It's more than just audible. The hammer has already come to a rest on the catch prior to the click but as you continue to let off the trigger, the click occurs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Video of just the frame so you can see what I mean.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The second video shows the disconnector popping up a tiny bit as the trigger bar is nearly fully returned.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    The second video shows the disconnector popping up a tiny bit as the trigger bar is nearly fully returned.
    Is this something to keep an eye on or considered normal?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You have a very good video of the problem. I would call HKCS to let them know of your concern and that you’re sending them the video. I’ve done this in the past and they responded very quickly.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hgratt View Post
    You have a very good video of the problem. I would call HKCS to let them know of your concern and that you’re sending them the video. I’ve done this in the past and they responded very quickly.
    I don't really think it's an issue. Just curious what it's from and if other's P30SKs did it.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyno View Post
    I don't really think it's an issue. Just curious what it's from and if other's P30SKs did it.
    My P30SKS does, although the disconnector moves much less. Haven't checked the wife's.

I did notice that if you pull the trigger until *just* before the hammer is released, then slowly release the trigger, just before the trigger is fully forward the rear of the trigger bar pops up (viewed from the right side of the pistol) and kisses the disconnector. I assume that is the trigger bar resetting. Looking at your videos, yours is more pronounced, but it appears to be the same source.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    My P30SKS does, although the disconnector moves much less. Haven't checked the wife's.

I did notice that if you pull the trigger until *just* before the hammer is released, then slowly release the trigger, just before the trigger is fully forward the rear of the trigger bar pops up (viewed from the right side of the pistol) and kisses the disconnector. I assume that is the trigger bar resetting. Looking at your videos, yours is more pronounced, but it appears to be the same source.
    Thank you for the info.

Sponsored Links