Huge Compliment to HK
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ITD1944

Thread: Huge Compliment to HK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Huge Compliment to HK

Jumped in on my first DWT class this past weekend. I was paired next to a guy shooting a CZ 9mm. Understand that my VP40 was brand new and had never been shot. We ran through over 150 rounds and hours of training. The VP didnít miss a beat.

I started with 165 then moved to 180. Began to see what all the talk was about. (I have absolutely no previous handgun experience so this is all very real and raw information). In the same time, my partner for the day had 4 misfires and learned he didnít like having to decock every time.

My hats off for making the VP. I also picked it up in a VP9 build. Will shoot that next and see how she does.

Iím hooked!!!!!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

Thanks for the report!!!

Tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

As a note, the VP9 uses the VP40 recoil spring. So it takes a little bit of shooting to seat the recoil spring. You can help it along by shooting NATO spec, or 124gr ammunition for the first couple hundred rounds through it. I'd hate to see you do a similar range session with your new VP9 using 115 grain soft shooting ammo and leave disappointed. After those first couple hundred rounds, it will feed anything flawlessly. You can also expedite the spring seating by leaving the slide locked to the rear when not in use.
    TLOU_Joel likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ITD1944 View Post
    As a note, the VP9 uses the VP40 recoil spring. So it takes a little bit of shooting to seat the recoil spring. You can help it along by shooting NATO spec, or 124gr ammunition for the first couple hundred rounds through it. I'd hate to see you do a similar range session with your new VP9 using 115 grain soft shooting ammo and leave disappointed. After those first couple hundred rounds, it will feed anything flawlessly. You can also expedite the spring seating by leaving the slide locked to the rear when not in use.
    Thanks for the heads up

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Congrats, great report and welcome!!

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doghowse View Post
    ...Understand that my VP40 was brand new and had never been shot. We ran through over 150 rounds and hours of training. I started with 165 then moved to 180...(I have absolutely no previous handgun experience so this is all very real and raw information)...I’m hooked!!!!!
    Holy Smokes! No previous shooting experience, and you love shooting the .40 round from the get-go. More power to you! Sometime in the future, I recommend you buy the .357sig conversion barrel from RCM for your VP40 (just drop it in). The .357sig has more wallop and blast, and the VP40 can handle it. You'll have 2 guns in one platform. Again, congrats on your purchases, and welcome to the addiction!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Anything HK can be addictive. If you like the 40 caliber, I suggest you try the USP series fullsize .40. It is a great gun. It is hammer fired vs your striker fired VP 40, but its recoil is less than any other .40 I have fired. Congratulations on the purchases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad it went well for you. The 180 Grain .40 is an excellent round in FMJ for range time or JHP for self defense. I was an early adopter back in 1993. It’s done what it was designed to do well. HK is one of the few manufacturers that builds a pistol around the .40 S&W versus cramming it into a 9mm configuration. My every day concealed carry pistol is a P30S .40 S&W.
    Last edited by WillBeararms; 04-20-2018 at 02:20 AM.

Sponsored Links