Found my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Found my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    VP70Z's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2013
    Posts : 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Found my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993

    Hello folks,

    I was unbelievably lucky to find a pristine and unfired P7M13 at a LGS yesterday. It came with 2 magazines in equal like-new condition and a very nice wood presentation box. Unfortunately, no box with serial number, user manual or disassembly/cleaning tools were part of the package, but I'm not complaining. I don't think I'll ever find one in this condition in my state ever again.

    I have been collecting HKs for a few years and was introduced to them in the late 80's during my mid teens by my father, who collected guns and owned a VP70Z I used to be in charge of disassembling and cleaning. Since then the P7 has always been my grail gun.

    This one has not been fired for 25 years, so I'm not sure I'll ever get myself to fire it. Owning one in this condition is enough for me as I have other HKs to fire.

    Do any of you know if this type of wooden box would have shipped with this gun in 1993?

    Thank you,
    VP70Z

    Found my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993-cea_hk_p7m13_1.jpgFound my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993-cea_hk_p7m13_2.jpgFound my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993-cea_hk_p7m13_3.jpgFound my grail gun: Unfired P7M13 from 1993-cea_hk_p7m13_4.jpg
    Last edited by VP70Z; 04-18-2018 at 08:07 PM.

  2. #2
    Very Senior Member
    propel's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Location : Iowa
    Posts : 334
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

    Default

    Very nice indeed. I have one too. Last night I sold a PM8 on gun broker for $4000. Amazing prices now days.
    VP70Z likes this.

  3. #3
    Member

    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : Minnesota, USA
    Posts : 57
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Great find! I remember it being mentioned that those wooden boxes had been sold separately by HK a long time ago, but don't recall if they sold with the P7s. I know that a similar wooden box was sold with USP anniversary editions, but it uses red cloth instead of your green.
    VP70Z likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Priest of the P7
    bastardsonofelvis's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2012
    Location : Colorado
    Posts : 4,770
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    You're not going to fire it? I'll pray to the P7 gods that you come to your senses.
    VP70Z, headshot and mrabhorring like this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

  6. #5
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2018
    Posts : 174
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    congrats....i bought one thats supposed to be NIB also...ill be shooting it

    beautiful gun and box!
    VP70Z likes this.

  7. #6
    Priest of the P7
    bastardsonofelvis's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2012
    Location : Colorado
    Posts : 4,770
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
    congrats....i bought one thats supposed to be NIB also...ill be shooting it

    beautiful gun and box!
    I think the virigin analogy is a good one: if you start dating a virgin, are you going to turn down her advances so she remains chaste for the next guy? Of course not. So take your virgin to the range and do the wild thing!

  8. #7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Brad4065's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : That black SUV in your driveway
    Posts : 4,089
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I think the virigin analogy is a good one: if you start dating a virgin, are you going to turn down her advances so she remains chaste for the next guy? Of course not. So take your virgin to the range and do the wild thing!
    Dude....you are SO bad.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

  9. #8
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    sean415's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2012
    Location : PA
    Posts : 2,257
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I think the virigin analogy is a good one: if you start dating a virgin, are you going to turn down her advances so she remains chaste for the next guy? Of course not. So take your virgin to the range and do the wild thing!
    LOL. Can't argue with that logic!
    NewWaveGuy likes this.

  10. #9
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 34,304
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VP70Z View Post
    Hello folks,

    I was unbelievably lucky to find a pristine and unfired P7M13 at a LGS yesterday. It came with 2 magazines in equal like-new condition and a very nice wood presentation box. Unfortunately, no box with serial number, user manual or disassembly/cleaning tools were part of the package, but I'm not complaining. I don't think I'll ever find one in this condition in my state ever again.

    I have been collecting HKs for a few years and was introduced to them in the late 80's during my mid teens by my father, who collected guns and owned a VP70Z I used to be in charge of disassembling and cleaning. Since then the P7 has always been my grail gun.

    This one has not been fired for 25 years, so I'm not sure I'll ever get myself to fire it. Owning one in this condition is enough for me as I have other HKs to fire.

    Do any of you know if this type of wooden box would have shipped with this gun in 1993?

    Thank you,
    VP70Z
    Absolut wunderbar --- now you will need to change your username and av!!!

    Tony
    VP70Z likes this.

  11. #10
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    DudeRick's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2013
    Location : The Fort
    Posts : 814
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice find! I'd give my right nut for one of those cases...
    VP70Z likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •