Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?

I just picked up this P7M8 on a trade. It’s super sweet to shoot and t’s in really excellent shape internally but it’s got a lot of character holster wear. I was thinking of refinishing - what’s my best bet? Any referrals to get the job done right?

Also, can anybody elaborate on the markings? Anything special about this M8 catch your eye? Really still learning about the P7 so any comments about this one would be much appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-bde04e20-1f9c-48f6-9d71-9f87fe8f1e37_1525443190709.jpeg   Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-2f8d2196-e431-4503-9f5e-7298ea7446d7_1525443202970.jpg  

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hello Kahn,

Congrats on your new P7. It is a standard P7 and not a P7M8.

Your P7 looks to be a former German police issued pistol. The markings on the right side of the slide are your serial number, date of manufacture, and proof that it was issued to the German Police. There are a number of threads on this site that go in to much greater detail on those markings.

For refinishing options, I would start with this thread: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...es-thread.html. The holster wear doesn't look that bad. You may just want to leave the finish as it is.

Best Regards,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hummmm I confess I’m confused on the P7 admittedly. The reason I assumed this was a M8 was the serial number on the box and the label on the box denoting P7M8. Guessing I got tricked 🙂 sticker got me and not know the P7 well enough really got me. Doesn’t matter that much to me, I like the pistol and it’s really super fun to shoot. We were hitting clays at 30 yards with little effort! Really am pleased 🙂
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-9b2afbe6-6e27-4c57-b75c-124b6f08bae0_1525445496126.jpg   Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-e088172f-92d7-4a63-bb5d-f0f42677f407_1525445523622.jpeg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

My opinion is that your P7 is sweet! Welcome to the cult. Everything nitmr said is true. My personal recommendation for refinishing work, if you choose to go that way, is Ford's in FL. They've done three P7s for me and all have turned out beautifully.
    Just picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-twotone-1.jpgJust picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-shinnin-1-6-.jpgJust picked up this P7M8- opinions please?-cchm3.jpg
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thank you for your comments!! Greatly appreciate the info! Love your grips!!!! I can tell I’ll be getting another one and next time I’ll do my research 🙂

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Congratulations on a nice acquisition!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The box says P7. The M8 box is stamped P7M8.
    Plenty of HKs
    and other toys too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kahn2112 View Post
    Hummmm I confess I’m confused on the P7 admittedly. The reason I assumed this was a M8 was the serial number on the box and the label on the box denoting P7M8. Guessing I got tricked sticker got me and not know the P7 well enough really got me. Doesn’t matter that much to me, I like the pistol and it’s really super fun to shoot. We were hitting clays at 30 yards with little effort! Really am pleased
    There is some feeling by people that the M8 is superior to the PSP, but I kept my PSP for the reason of the mag release on the bottom of the grip due to the possibility of the magazine getting released accidentally in a holster or in a car seat. The smaller trigger guard and lack of heat shield has never been an issue to me to prefer the M8 over the PSP...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Congrats on finding a great P7. The finish and holster wear does not appear to be bad. I would highly recommend Ford's Guns In FL.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Good looking P7. weather it is an M8 or not is irrelevant if you like the gun. It looks to be in good conditions. Like @bastardsonofelvis said, Fords. there was recently a post on here where someone had another outfit do some finish work that looked poor.

however, if you like the character of your pistol the way it is, I'd say leave it. get a holster, and get to the range and practice, practice, practice.... the P7 platform is a great concealed carry package, regardless of which model you go with.

congrat's
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c