i always wanted a HK in 9mm
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vodka

Thread: i always wanted a HK in 9mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default i always wanted a HK in 9mm

I remember when the Vp9 came out, a lot of people were saying theres a reason its cheaper, you get what you pay for, theres a reason the P30 is more expensive... etc.. Then the HK US started happening and now VPs and the P series including the HK45 are all around the same price, so now that you guys found out the real reason the P30 was more expensive, is it still a superior pistol to the vp9? I dont think so, personally, I guess I learned that "you get what you pay for" doesnt apply to imported firearms.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Honestly, I think the internal components may cost a little more to make (MIM/PIM vs. machined+MIM+PIM) but for the most part they are still similar. HK uses the same steel for the barrels, the finish is the same on the slide, the slide steel is likely the same and I'd guess they are using the same polyamide for frame...and it share magazines, same sights, etc.

They probably priced the P30s for profit because they didn't have 'volume' profit from the VP9s at the time. Now they can attempt the same, they just needed the popularity (mainstream) to get there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my understanding was/is HK got a plant in georgia and thats why the P30s and HK45s went down, which means all this time we were paying an extra 3-400 just for the import.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

IMHO: the only difference is if you want striker or hammer. The debate will never end,which ever firing system you like,is correct. Quality,I believe,is the same.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I like the vp9, but i feel much more comfortable/relaxed with my hammer fired for some reason.

only German made firearms will be purchased by me (grandfathered purchases not included)
    FAMILY, faithfulness, compassion, honesty, empathy, trust, hockey, single malt Scotch 21+, Heavy Metal music, German, Irish, Belgian, English bier, what else is there...?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtb772 View Post
    my understanding was/is HK got a plant in georgia and thats why the P30s and HK45s went down, which means all this time we were paying an extra 3-400 just for the import.
    That's what HK said - they could produce the HK45s cheaper given the new equipment and consolidation in GA. Does that mean they were carrying a premium as NH made pistols? Perhaps. The P30s are still made in Oberndorf so seeing as they are cheaper than the USPs, they are the bargain IMO. It would be interesting to see if HK were add a production line of VPs in GA, would that lower the price any more? I look at SIG and Beretta prices and I don't feel bad, mostly because HK is a superior firearm for relatively the same price.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    only German made firearms will be purchased by me (grandfathered purchases not included)
    How did that work out for you?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    How did that work out for you?

haha !! pretty well actually. :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ARCTICDETH View Post
    haha !! pretty well actually. :)
    Didn't you settle for a US-made HK45 recently? :)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My P2K9 has had at least 10K rounds through it the last 10 years and has had no parts replaced. I train at the Firearms Academy of Seattle and Marty Hayes keeps a record of the guns that are carried through his courses. His 4 day Tactical course has 6000 Plus rounds through it and my HK was one to two guns to go with no misfires at all. The other was a Walther.
    Scouts Out

Sponsored Links