P2000 9mm vs .40 Grip Size- Dimensionally the same or not?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By The Sarge
  • 1 Post By Vincent04

Thread: P2000 9mm vs .40 Grip Size- Dimensionally the same or not?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb P2000 9mm vs .40 Grip Size- Dimensionally the same or not?

Hey all,

I went to a gunshop the other day to look for a new handgun for ccw. I had the chance to hold the p2000 in both 9mm and .40. For some reason, the 9mm grip seemed "thinner" in my hand and felt different compared to the .40. I was kind of surprised, as from my understanding the dimensions are identical in the p2000 for the 9mm and .40 caliber. I checked the website and this seemed to be the case as well.

Does anyone have both models? Are they truly the same size? All of my other ccw handguns are .40, so that's why I was hoping to stay with the caliber. In any case, looking forward to your responses.

GreekOrtho84P2000 9mm vs .40 Grip Size- Dimensionally the same or not?-capture.png

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    236 Post(s)

The frames are identical.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i personaly dont like the 40 think the Recoil is to much to high muzzle whip ..I havent Cared for it in any platform ive shot it in that Said i shoot it well.

I bought a 10mm and shot it today and it was more pleasurable than a 40 Glock i will even prefer a 44 mag over the 40.

My old lady shoots the 9 fine the 45 fine and doesnt like the 40 either

Its funny me saying i dont like the 40's Recoil when i shoot a 454 Casull and 500 S&W Mag.

but i dont like it

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I own P2000 pistols in both 9mm and 40 S&W. The frames and grips among the two are identical. Is it possible that the two P2000 pistols you handled at the gun shop had different back straps on them? That would effect the grip size.

I find the P2000 to handle 40 very well. 40 is my choice in caliber intended for serious business. I love it.
    hvrnaut, Vincent04 and dpadams6 like this.
    Weapon Shield for total gun care.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wonder if there were different back straps on them. Maybe one had a stipple job and felt different.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Sarge View Post
    I own P2000 pistols in both 9mm and 40 S&W...I find the P2000 to handle 40 very well. 40 is my choice in caliber intended for serious business. I love it.
    Ditto. And a .357sig drop-in conversion barrel makes the P2000's business more serious and helluva a lot more fun!
    dpadams6 likes this.

Sponsored Links