.40 to 9mm conversion barrels
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 75bronco

Thread: .40 to 9mm conversion barrels

Banned

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Default .40 to 9mm conversion barrels

We have had many requests for a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. For multiple models. We R&D a VP40 to 9mm with great success. To keep it an absolute drop in +p ammo had to be used to overcome the spring. Other than that the 9mm mags locked in and it shot without any issues. Imagine your VP40 being able to shoot 357 sig and 9mm with a few swap outs. Is there any interest in something like this?
    No.body likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I am intrigued. That is about all for now. I wish you luck and would like to see it happen.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have 3 P30 Std/S/SK, and would certainly entertain a thoroughly engineered/tested .357 drop-in. I’ll keep my P2000/USPC in 9.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

One of my most favorite pistols is the Glock 27 (.40S&W) which I have had a 9mm conversion barrel for since I first owned it. I swap calibers on it every year or so, and I enjoy being able to do that. I have always wished for the same on an HK Subcompact, and for sure I would buy it, if a reliable conversion barrel is available.

It would be nice if one was available for the P2000SK for those of us in Cali, where the P2000SK falls within our handgun roster rules and we have only very scarce access to the P30SK and VP9SK in the used market. (which you can only buy for $1,200-$1,500 here). Cali is a huge market with a narrow range of choices for handguns... conversion barrels are in good demand.
    Last edited by No.body; 06-07-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 75bronco View Post
    We have had many requests for a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel. For multiple models. We R&D a VP40 to 9mm with great success. To keep it an absolute drop in +p ammo had to be used to overcome the spring. Other than that the 9mm mags locked in and it shot without any issues. Imagine your VP40 being able to shoot 357 sig and 9mm with a few swap outs. Is there any interest in something like this?
    How do you solve the differences in breech face dimensions between the two calibers?
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I would be interested. Any other models you are thinking about doing???

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 75bronco View Post
    @75bronco wouldn't you do better selling USP full size and compact conversions from 40 to 9? I mean look at all the cheap 40 USPs selling for $300-400 on GB. I'd gobble them up if I could convert to 9mm using a quality barrel like yours - especially if there was a threaded option.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Sponsored Links