new to me P9s target!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: new to me P9s target!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default new to me P9s target!

got lucky on GB last week and got a good deal on this P9s target....matching box, manual,target,etc....LNIB

here to brag....my 5th HK

looking for a spare mag...mine is unmarked and has a silver follower...all the ones i see for sale have a blued follower...i assume these are repro's? GB has 3 of them

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Congratulations on a very nice package!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im playing with the buffer...ive decided to get it done professionally...cant get the new one in correctly....very difficult!!!!!!

old buffer was like wax

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Very nice P9S, my favorite HK pistol!

Enjoy shooting it!
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
    looking for a spare mag...mine is unmarked and has a silver follower...all the ones i see for sale have a blued follower...i assume these are repro's? GB has 3 of them
    Every factory P9S magazine I have ever handled has a chrome follower. While in the absence of conflicting info I would have guessed that the blued follower mags are the Korean repro's, one of them is unmarked but the other has an IA marked floor plate, so who knows. Personally I would not pay even the low end of $95 for one, you don't need that mag tomorrow so I would take the long position IIWY.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ill wait...im in no hurry

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Nice pick-up, huggy!
    The P9S in any configuration is one of my favorite pistols.
    "I'm not sh#tting in a bag..... Yet"
    - PSG1 Nut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

warning on the buffer.....ive wrote to the HK store already about it....the buffers they sell do not have the beveled edge and did not slide into my buffer housing...i literally had to pound it in with a hammer...once flush and wouldnt go anymore i decided it was over my head and took it to my gunsmith....he is ordering parts on his own to replace it....not sure what the issue is...i bought 2 and both are the same...too big and no beveled edge

got my gun, now gone to the gunsmith for 3-4 weeks

the gun looks better than new...i made sure the gun smith acknowledged that fact before i left it with him...so if it has a mark on it when returned there's a problem..amazing to find a 38 year old gun in mint condition...its been fired, but maybe with white gloves?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by huggytree View Post
    warning on the buffer.....ive wrote to the HK store already about it....the buffers they sell do not have the beveled edge and did not slide into my buffer housing...i literally had to pound it in with a hammer...once flush and wouldnt go anymore i decided it was over my head and took it to my gunsmith....he is ordering parts on his own to replace it....not sure what the issue is...i bought 2 and both are the same...too big and no beveled edge

got my gun, now gone to the gunsmith for 3-4 weeks

the gun looks better than new...i made sure the gun smith acknowledged that fact before i left it with him...so if it has a mark on it when returned there's a problem..amazing to find a 38 year old gun in mint condition...its been fired, but maybe with white gloves?
    The new buffer should slide into the buffer housing relatively easily. Are you sure you removed all the old pieces of buffer? I have had to pick the last few bits out with a dental pick. The buffer goes into the housing squared end first with the beveled end in a “ramp up” orientation. You have to compress the buffer and housing a little to get it back into the frame. I use a small piece of wood across the two wings of the housing. 15 minute job.

The buffers I got from HKParts.com were perfect. $20. https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-P...r-232p1449.htm

The best HK Master armorer for the P series pistols is @Marine0303 . My last pistol was returned fully disassembled/inspected/cleaned/reassembled inside a week. Outstanding work.
    Last edited by Passengerseven; 06-09-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    Marine0303 likes this.
    P9S Combat 9mm
    P9S Target .45acp
    P7M8
    P7M13
    HK4 Set (.380 .32 .25 .22)
    P30L 9mm
    VP9
    USP Custom Sport 9mm
    USP Expert 9mm
    USP Expert .45acp
    USP Tactical 9mm
    HK416 14.5" SBR
    UMP SF 8" SBR 9mm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bought (2) buffers...neither had a bevel (i dont have them here or id take a pic for you)...i saw posts about the bevel and pics...mine didnt have it

i got all the debris out of the housing....i used a flashlight and a screw driver...it was clean

it wouldnt barely go in at all by hand....i had to hammer 1/2 way in....at flush i couldnt hammer it anymore and i knew something was wrong....my gun smith was measuring and also concluded the bushing was incorrectly sized.....ive contacted hk parts..something isnt right with their batch or i got something wrong....not sure yet

when it comes back from my gunsmith ill update what it was all about

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links