What brought you to H&K ? - Page 14
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: What brought you to H&K ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

While something of a firearm noob at the time, there was a reputation of quality and good things said from those that had them. Renting a USPc at the range left me with the best feeling and shooting handgun I had ever shot. It then became a matter of saving funds for it and accessories.
    Last edited by InterestedBystander; 07-08-2018 at 04:02 AM.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It was the P7 that brought me to HK. I'd been reading Shotgun News since the early 1990's and I think it was the CDNN advertisements for the K3 that started my wheels turning. Then, in 1993, I saw an M10 at a gun show, which really made me want a P7. I was in college at the time, so I settled for a Glock 21, which was more within my budget. It was finally in 1999 when I rewarded myself with a new P7 M8. Christmas of that same year, my girlfriend at the time bought me the HK P7 poster I'd been wanting. She ended up ordering the USP, HK In Action and the P7 poster. I still have them and they're framed on my office wall. It's funny, but I've had the USP poster for almost 20 years and finally bought my first USP last week. Right now, I still have my original P7 M8, and I've added a Mark 23, a HK45 CT, a VP9 and the latest is the USP 45 Tactical.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Rainbow 6

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I purchased a beautiful HK 91 about ten years ago and have a great time shooting this fine old rifle. I joined this site to learn more about the rifle for my own education. I wish to care for, preserve and pass on what I learn to my Grandchildren to keep this rifle in the family.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I traded a buddy of mine for an HK91. I was collecting rifles from that time period. Needless to say, I loved it and have been picking up HK's ever since.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

My uncle let me shoot his HK91, been hooked on them ever since

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I love my Glocks for what they are (reliable, simple, easy)

I love my pair of Walther PPQ's for what they are (well made, amazing triggers, etc)

I wanted to expand into another line of modern pistols that I could depend my life or my family's life on, and I wanted something that was sexy and stunning to hold, look at and shoot, but is dead nuts reliable, lightweight, and over-engineered to some extent (I wasn't looking for an M&P for example although I respect what they are, and I tried the polymer striker Sig series which left a horrible taste) - that brought me to choosing my first HK, which was a P30L V1 - I shortly added a VP9T a few months later, and an HK45 about 3 months after that, and most recently, my HK45C - All rugged, sexy, reliable, German pistols.

I will be adding an SK model soon for carry, may even replace my G26 - then I look forward to expanding into the USP line, and getting a "Standard" P30 to join its twin the P30L.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

24 the first time
    John Wick the next time

lol
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Instructor
    USN 1989-98

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Being issued a USPc .40 back in 2007 for my police job, having two of them over the last eleven years... went to the VP9 recently at my PD. I love my Glock 26 for off duty but man is HK amazing. The mag release is the best of all pistols and if you still think push button releases are the way to go, you need to expand your horozons. Right now, the VP9 with medium sides and small backstrap is the best pistol I’ve ever shot. And I own quite a few pistols.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    I love my Glocks for what they are (reliable, simple, easy)

I love my pair of Walther PPQ's for what they are (well made, amazing triggers, etc)

I wanted to expand into another line of modern pistols that I could depend my life or my family's life on, and I wanted something that was sexy and stunning to hold, look at and shoot, but is dead nuts reliable, lightweight, and over-engineered to some extent (I wasn't looking for an M&P for example although I respect what they are, and I tried the polymer striker Sig series which left a horrible taste) - that brought me to choosing my first HK, which was a P30L V1 - I shortly added a VP9T a few months later, and an HK45 about 3 months after that, and most recently, my HK45C - All rugged, sexy, reliable, German pistols.

I will be adding an SK model soon for carry, may even replace my G26 - then I look forward to expanding into the USP line, and getting a "Standard" P30 to join its twin the P30L.
    Haha! Man after my own heart! Glocks and HKs best pistols ever. Sig is well made generally but never really respected their ridiculous bore axis, super tight tolerances and problematic striker guns.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links