What brought you to H&K ? - Page 33
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: What brought you to H&K ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Picked up my first HK in late 1993 or early 1994? It was a USP 40. I had read about HKs for years before, mostly the MP5(of course). I also have had a life-long fascination with anything German, so I guess the whole thing was inevitable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The factory ambi controls is what sold me on hk. Couldn't find a p30l but I got a VP 9 instead. Then my LGS had hk45c so I put it on layaway so I'll be picking that up also. Overall hk builds guns that fit almost everyone. But that's just my opinion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I always loved the MP5 from the movies, was able to get a like new HK91 with accessories and that got me into the HK world. Got my first Pistol mid 90's, USPf 40, then added USPc in both 9 and 40. And probably about 20 HK pistols later im still going. All P series now, sold the USP's but still have about 50 mags! lol. I also have HK knives that ive picked up and some calendars from SHOT show booth. The only pistols I own are HK, wont run anything else....

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive been into h&k since i was a kid to be completely honest. Always loved the mk23 and thought it was the most badass pistol id ever seen. Then when i was in my teens i got the chance to shoot an mp5 full auto with my old man when he was in swat followed by a usp 45 tactical. I was hooked on hk after that and 15 years later i now have a usp, p30 and my favorite pistol i own vp9L. Im now working on a UMP build as we speak. Ive been into firearms my whole life, i built my first AR when i was 14 and have built and customized many different types of firearms from glocks to 1911s. HKs are built like swiss watches compared to almost everything else and anyone that has any kind of armorer experience would tell you the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was always a fan of their weapon designs. Initially while growing up, video games for the most part introduced me to them. Classic counter strike specifically is the reason why today I own a USP :) Almost 2 decades later and now with 2 HK pistols you can find me scrolling through HKpro and gunbroker on a day to day basis always looking for more. Currently I own a BK USP in .45 ACP and a BH VP9sk. Would love to get a SP5k but unfortunately I live in unSAFE Act territory. Most of my other firearms are WW2 era. Interestingly, my Kar98k is a a BYF production Mauser meaning it was produced in Obendorf before HK was a thing.
    What brought you to H&K ?-maxresdefault.jpg
    Last edited by mahunik; 09-24-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The p30 was the first gun I held that didnt have a ton of muzzle flip and felt steady in my hand. Plus I had a xd mod 2, that would have ftf and double feeds, plus I shot a g17 that had a few stove pipes. The p30 was the first hand gun that I shot, that fed every single round of 9mm flawlessly, and uninterrupted. I never looked back. I carry a p30sk. It's not the most compact gun, or highest compacity, but when I pull the trigger it goes bang everytime. No bullshit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The first handgun I shot as a kid was my Dad's USPc 40. This was my benchmark I compared all other handguns to over the years. I've owned Glock and SIGs (really like those), but finally broke down and bought a USP Expert for myself. H&K really is the best.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I fall in love with HK more and more I handle other firearms. Now I’ve got my eye on a VP9 in burnt bronze that is to be floating across the pond to our shores soon 😁😁. And a P30L and...

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did a lot of research before upgrading my home firearm from a Springfield 1911 (then the basic model, since tuned up). When I read about the HK45 design and testing, including firing with a round stuck in the barrel and continuing to function, I was sold. H&K over-engineers their firearms, but that's what I wanted. Hammer fired vs striker fired, incredible reliability (as evidenced by the torture tests they've been put through), and the ergonomics of the latest design, had me hooked. I've since acquired and then sold a P7M8 in the last production run of 500, and a P7M13. Both were turned for a profit when I needed the money. I have one each of the HK45, HK45C, P30, and P30L. If it wasn't for my ability to shoot the M&P Pro lights out in competition, I'd have a VP9 for that.

There's really only one defensive handgun for me. The HK line is like the Humvee of pistols.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I love the German engineering. It just seems that they take more pride in workmanship.

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links