Anyone in Northern VA Have USP 9mm I Shoot at Your Range - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Anyone in Northern VA Have USP 9mm I Shoot at Your Range

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do the USP 9mm recoil springs dampen recoil more than the P30L?
    HKGunsAreGreat

Democracy: Is two Wolves and a Lamb debating what they are having for Lunch.

Liberty: Is a well armed Lamb.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKGunsAreGreat View Post
    Do the USP 9mm recoil springs dampen recoil more than the P30L?
    I think it would if it has the double recoil spring assembly which the P30L does not have. The USP was designed for the 40S&W round whose recoil is way harsher than the 9mm. I don't think the USP recoil springs changed from the 40 to the 9.
    Last edited by Vincent04; 06-15-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    I think it would if it has the double recoil spring assembly which the P30L does not have. The USP was designed for the 40S&W round whose recoil is way harsher than the 9mm. I don't think the USP recoil springs changed from the 40 to the 9.
    USP9 is nothing special.

I have one and could probably meet up with the OP at Elite, but as stated by others it actually recoils the same-or-more than a lot of other pistols, so I'm not sure what would be the point of the "test."

If you want a heavier recoil spring, there are rods to use Glock springs... but why not go Glock?

If you want the absolute minimum recoil in a handgun, why not go with lighter loads and perhaps an even lighter spring to cycle them? Or get a CZ SP-01...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    USP9 is nothing special.

I have one and could probably meet up with the OP at Elite, but as stated by others it actually recoils the same-or-more than a lot of other pistols, so I'm not sure what would be the point of the "test."

If you want a heavier recoil spring, there are rods to use Glock springs... but why not go Glock?

If you want the absolute minimum recoil in a handgun, why not go with lighter loads and perhaps an even lighter spring to cycle them? Or get a CZ SP-01...
    Glocks are too light and I feel the recoil too much. CZ's with the smaller and recessed slides are hard for "me" to rack and I feel more recoil than I can tolerate. As for lighter loads 115 grains is light and going below that may increase probablity of pistol not cycling properly. My P30L works fine with WWB but my 226 & M11-A1 like stronger ammo.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

CZ's with the smaller and recessed slides are hard for "me" to rack and I feel more recoil than I can tolerate.
    Well, maybe we can still meet up, but the USP9 is definitely harder to charge the slide and-also harder recoiling than a standard CZ-75B.

As for lighter loads 115 grains is light and going below that may increase probablity of pistol not cycling properly.
    I meant lighter loadings, not just lighter bullets. You may need a reduced power spring (which would probably address your other issues) or clip a coil.

Also take into consideration that the USP9 is designed to fire M882, and probably wouldn't work with WWB or the diet loadings I'm talking about above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE=KalashniKEV;3375273]Well, maybe we can still meet up, but the USP9 is definitely harder to charge the slide and-also harder recoiling than a standard CZ-75B.

Your response is informative and revealing. Yes i found the CZ-75 to have an "unpleasant" recoil for my medical condition (tendernitis). If the USP9 is harder recoiling than the 75 it would not work for me. Before my tendernitis bothered me I had think about the recoil difference between the P30L and my M&P 9 and PX4. Now the recoil difference is large. In fact only my 226 and M11-A1 do not bother me.

Have I found my answer with my SIG's?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have I found my answer with my SIG's?
    I would consider .22, which is still better than nothing.

In search of a Goldilocks gun in 9x19 though, applying all factors which mitigate recoil and also aid in charging- Heavy frame, light loads, light recoil spring, good grip (not FAT or blocky) I would check out a CZ SP-01 and modify it slowly- test light loads first, then possibly investigate light springs to add reliability.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    Well, maybe we can still meet up, but the USP9 is definitely harder to charge the slide and-also harder recoiling than a standard CZ-75B.

I meant lighter loadings, not just lighter bullets. You may need a reduced power spring (which would probably address your other issues) or clip a coil.

Also take into consideration that the USP9 is designed to fire M882, and probably wouldn't work with WWB or the diet loadings I'm talking about above.
    I’ve fired thousands of WWB through my 9mm USP without any cycling issues, when Winchester managed to manufacture their bullets correctly. I don’t use them anymore due to their QC issues, but I shoot almost exclusively 115 grain through my USP with no problems.

-Sean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    USP 9F Tactical Clone
    S&W 4006
    Browning Hi-Power 9mm 75th Anniversary Edition
    VP9
    USPc 9mm
    Savage Axxis .308/Remington 700 ADL 7mm Magnum

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

H&K engineers discovered this innovative Recoil Reduction System reduces the peak force acting on the USP grip to less than 300 Newtons (66 pounds).
    Peak force shock on competing .40sw caliber polymer and metal framed pistols climbed to more than 5000 Newtons (1102 pounds).

The reduction in peak force should be similar in the USP 9mm
    HK12Step likes this.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kost View Post
    H&K engineers discovered this innovative Recoil Reduction System reduces the peak force acting on the USP grip to less than 300 Newtons (66 pounds).
    Peak force shock on competing .40sw caliber polymer and metal framed pistols climbed to more than 5000 Newtons (1102 pounds).

The reduction in peak force should be similar in the USP 9mm
    @Kost , I have no idea what I just read; but sounds good and I’m in, sign me up! (I once ate 10 Raspberry Fig Newtons and thought that was a lot)
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links