Thread: New gun, sights off center.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lol that is how I came up with the sn.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFanta View Post
    I know they can be adjusted. My question is was it set that way because it was test fired or the person who put it together at hk was sleepy?
    this is what I was toll by a German that used to work at HK, at the end of the day HK passes a cart with cold beer to their employees, they should only get a couple, but some guys don't drink, and they give their allowances to the next guy, that must be what happened to the guy putting your sights in, 3 to 4 Becks is a lot of alcohol. LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Maybe that's the way these guns need to be fired.... Drunk? Lol

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)

Jesus, go shoot that thing, will ya?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    this is what I was toll by a German that used to work at HK, at the end of the day HK passes a cart with cold beer to their employees, they should only get a couple, but some guys don't drink, and they give their allowances to the next guy, that must be what happened to the guy putting your sights in, 3 to 4 Becks is a lot of alcohol. LOL
    they do not install night sights in germany it is done in the us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Becks?!? That‘s as local to Oberndorf as the Reeperbahn to Oktoberfest...

Tannenzäpfle!

And yes: strip - clean - degrease- lube - shoot!
    The pistol, that is...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My P2000 LEM was like this when I got it. Front sight was off to one side and I was throwing rounds slightly wide. Just went to a LGS and they adjusted for me real quick and centered it.
    Current:
    HK45 v1
    P2000 v3 9mm
    P2000 v2 --> v1 9mm
    USP v1 9mm
    VP9 LE Grey

Past:
    P2000sk v3 .40 (traded for the USP9)
    P30L v3 9mm (sold before moving to California)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Lightbulb Guns are for shooting. Actually shoot the gun before complaining... Please

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFanta View Post
    So I bought my first handgun today a vp9 le.
    When I got home I noticed the front sight was a bit off center and so was the rear sight.
    More so in the front though.
    Is this a common issue with new pistols?
    It's a common issue that people complain about new handguns without firing a single round.
    All my Hk weapons, and I have a few, are sighted in dead on from the factory.
    Try actually using the weapon as designed and then see what happens
    WolfieRules and MrShipwreck like this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

At least they do it at the END of the day. I was told by my cousin that used to work at *&^%@soft that they were allowed to have one drink on their LUNCH break. No stipulation as to how big that drink could be (Can we say a pitcher??), but they were allowed one drink each working day. So she said.

ANYway...OT. My Ruger pistol came with the rear sight off centered to the left, brand new outta the box. Tho all my German guns were centered correctly. I will say tho, while it should be centered right, sometimes things happen. Then happen again when they slip thru QC. (I work in a major brand warehouse...trust me on how that happens).
    Call HK after you put a couple of boxes thru it, if it's a major problem, and they'll get you taken care of pretty quickly. Tho, if you haven't fired it yet, I will go ahead and warn you, the VP9's shoot pretty close to point of aim, not point of sights, so you may notice that you have to have a 12 o'clock hold (centering the dots almost above the bullseye) to be centering the target. Both of mine shoot about 1.5 to 2 inches low at 7 yards.
    I've HEARD, but can't confirm from personal use (I haven't used one with the nightsights) that the nightsights aren't quite as bad about that.

Also OT, both of mine came with barely a sheen of oil. Inside, or out. And no grease.

Oh and BTW there's a Pineapple Fanta sitting right next to the bed as I type right now. ;)
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to jump in here since we're on this subject. I just bought a used USP in .357. At 7 yds. it was hitting 6" low. I noticed that there are trijicon sights not factory sights. I decided to replace the front sight with a factory sight but there are options in thickness. How do I determine which sight would have been originally installed?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links