My VP9 build - Page 11
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: My VP9 build

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow. The difference is recognizable. This is my first micro comp so I had no real test VS. another but I was able to shoot fiocchi 115 and sig 147 fmj with standard barrel and micro comp.
    No expert on the Mechanics but I'd say high teens low 20 in percentage of recoil reduction.
    Also the contours of this micro comp, should the comp gets loose, allows the slide to align the comp upright.

I bought a threaded in hopes of a future suppressor and passing of the Hearing Protection Act (looking grim) but this comp will do.

No failures whatsoever from my BF date VP9.
    I'll be applying some rocksett tonight!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    Warranty likes this.
    Pinoy
    VP9
    P30SK
    P30L .40

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_bandit View Post
    Wow. The difference is recognizable. This is my first micro comp so I had no real test VS. another but I was able to shoot fiocchi 115 and sig 147 fmj with standard barrel and micro comp.
    No expert on the Mechanics but I'd say high teens low 20 in percentage of recoil reduction.
    Also the contours of this micro comp, should the comp gets loose, allows the slide to align the comp upright.

I bought a threaded in hopes of a future suppressor and passing of the Hearing Protection Act (looking grim) but this comp will do.

No failures whatsoever from my BF date VP9.
    I'll be applying some rocksett tonight!

Thanks for the report. Did you not use the rockset the first time?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warranty View Post
    Thanks for the report. Did you not use the rockset the first time?
    I did but I didn't apply the whole sample.
    So I tried to see how strong it was which it was, but I broke the bond.
    Blessing in disguise. Couldn't use the rocksett sample again cuz it dried out, so I bought a 2oz bottle from Amazon.

It's been a while since I fired my vp9 so I decided to hit the range and test difference between standard and pmm. Glad I was able to test as a peace of mind for a 100 product and the wait time.

Warranty likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy_bandit View Post
    I did but I didn't apply the whole sample.
    So I tried to see how strong it was which it was, but I broke the bond.
    Blessing in disguise. Couldn't use the rocksett sample again cuz it dried out, so I bought a 2oz bottle from Amazon.

It's been a while since I fired my vp9 so I decided to hit the range and test difference between standard and pmm. Glad I was able to test as a peace of mind for a 100 product and the wait time.

I only used a little of the rockset as well. But I donít think we were supposed to use the whole thing. Iím going to have to do mine over again. I wasted a lot during the fitting process. And I donít think rockset is going to stick to the NP3+ like it would raw steel. So I may have to bead blast the threads to get it to stick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How's the np3 with the rocksett? Did you have to remove np3 on the threads to have the rocksett stick better? Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PJenning View Post
    How's the np3 with the rocksett? Did you have to remove np3 on the threads to have the rocksett stick better? Thanks
    I hit the threads with a wire wheel first. I plan on shooting it soon. Will report back when I do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awesome VP9 too! Was gonna have my TB coated, excited to hear the range report. Got a first batch of the PMM comp but had already sent my VP to LWG. You were in the same boat glad yours is back and looking great.
    Warranty likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Awesome VP9 too! Was gonna have my TB coated, excited to hear the range report. Got a first batch of the PMM comp but had already sent my VP to LWG. You were in the same boat glad yours is back and looking great.
    Thanks. Yeah, my timing sucked too. I bought the first batch of comps as well. Sent my VP to LWG before the comp arrived. Since I wanted one of the LWG/HK parts triggers had to factor that in. But all that waiting paid off after 5ish months. Once this thing gets a good function check, itís got one more trip. Next time the destination is Hawaii..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stippling? That pistol been to more states then me haha.Also thanks to straightgrain my VP9L slide kit will be in Tuesday, just missing the actual pistol but like you said Warranty the wait will be worth it. I'm gonna dedicate my stock slide and TB with PMM comp and have have the L slide kit for USPSA. Warranty do you plan on getting a VP9L slide kit?
    Warranty likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Stippling? That pistol been to more states then me haha.Also thanks to straightgrain my VP9L slide kit will be in Tuesday, just missing the actual pistol but like you said Warranty the wait will be worth it. I'm gonna dedicate my stock slide and TB with PMM comp and have have the L slide kit for USPSA. Warranty do you plan on getting a VP9L slide kit?
    Yup. Sending it to Rook Customs for stippling. I hadnít really planned on an L slide. But I wonít rule it out.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Sponsored Links