My VP9 build
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: My VP9 build

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default My VP9 build

I have owned a few HK pistols in the past. One being a VP9 that I sold after about a year of ownership. I liked it. But I wasnít really modifying my pistols at the time. So I never really explored the possibilities. After I sold the VP9 I got into XDís. I built these two to be carry weapons. I really like the way they turned out. It was a long process, but Iím happy with the results.

Iíve been wanting to build another pistol in the same fashion as the XDís above, but with a comp. for the purpose of nightstand/training duty. Something I can put thousands rounds through. Become familiar with, to the point that I can trust my life (and the wifeís) with, in complete darkness. I had it narrowed down to a VP9 or one of these.

I was almost set on building a P320. While trolling gunbroker I saw a VP9 for pretty cheap. So.... I bid on it. Thinking, ďFor sure itís gonna go for more than that. Iíll bid $425.Ē

Sonofabitch, won it..

(One in the pic is bronze. One in the auction was FDE coated slide. Model# 81000135)

So hereís the plan. Basically one of these with an optic (still undecided on optic choice).

Already picked up a SilencerCo threaded barrel for it. Managed to scoop it up from the same dealer on GB. Saved myself $10 on shipping.
    Planning to do a Grey Guns trigger job or something similar. The stippling will be done by Rook Customs out of Hawaii.

Pics to follow as parts start to arrive. If this goes as planned, Iíll be building an identical VP9 SK.
    JeepJack likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Very nice! You might've beaten me out on the gunbroker bid, lol. Some great deals on there lately.
    Warranty, Warranty and Warranty like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    Very nice! You might've beaten me out on the gunbroker bid, lol. Some great deals on there lately.
    Thanks man. Figured someone let me off easy. It was my only bid. Figured there was no way I wouldnít get out bid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Looks good - let me know how you like that +5 mod - I got 3 of the 30 round extenders from HKParts on sale ( 2 black and 1 transparent ) and converted 2 of my normal mags with the black, and I'll probably pair the transparent one with one of the NIB mags I have yet to use ( 6 sitting on a shelf in the packaging )... So I carry 2 normal mags with hollow points for personal defense and 1 30 round mag for 'hell-no I hope it never comes to this' scenario... Honestly, it conceals quite well with the mag pouch I have, although I am probably going to buy a deeper one with a tighter belt-loop thing...

Oh, both of the 30 round mag extenders actually let me fit 32 rounds in and still seat... But I only have them loaded to 30 for now...

I have been considering adding the +5 for the primary magazine and maybe the secondary too so 2 20 rounders and 1 30 rounder....
    Warranty likes this.
    HK P30 9mm
    HK imported Benelli M1S90
    HK SL8-6 converted by Tom Bostic

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Acecool View Post
    Looks good - let me know how you like that +5 mod - I got 3 of the 30 round extenders from HKParts on sale ( 2 black and 1 transparent ) and converted 2 of my normal mags with the black, and I'll probably pair the transparent one with one of the NIB mags I have yet to use ( 6 sitting on a shelf in the packaging )... So I carry 2 normal mags with hollow points for personal defense and 1 30 round mag for 'hell-no I hope it never comes to this' scenario... Honestly, it conceals quite well with the mag pouch I have, although I am probably going to buy a deeper one with a tighter belt-loop thing...

Oh, both of the 30 round mag extenders actually let me fit 32 rounds in and still seat... But I only have them loaded to 30 for now...

I have been considering adding the +5 for the primary magazine and maybe the secondary too so 2 20 rounders and 1 30 rounder....
    Iíll be adding the +5 extensions. I usually carry one extended and one flush mag. So that I can swap them out if the extended mags are printing too bad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just got back from my FFL. Love being the only one in there.

I swapped out the factory HK barrel for the SilencerCo threaded. Not sure if Iíll be using the APL or APLc on it. But I do have both. Also, the VP9 will fit in the XD holsters I have (in a pinch). Snaps into place.

SwissK31ppq and mew like this.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

@Warranty what made you go with a SiCo barrel vs an OEM HK one?
    The gun looks fantastic. Interesting how much lighter the Inforce WML is versus the slide.
    What holster is that? GCode? Also, what finish is it? Can't tell if I'm looking at multicam black or what? It looks great. Really like your taste.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    @Warranty what made you go with a SiCo barrel vs an OEM HK one?
    The gun looks fantastic. Interesting how much lighter the Inforce WML is versus the slide.
    What holster is that? GCode? Also, what finish is it? Can't tell if I'm looking at multicam black or what? It looks great. Really like your taste.
    Thanks. I went with the SiCo barrel because it was only $100. Both lights are pretty light in weight. The holster is from Tier1Concealed. Really love their holsters. Itís a multicam Black with an orange backing.

omega21 and carcrz like this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So..

Like the feel. Looks pretty cool. Not sure how I feel about the rail position. Might send this one back and get the non railed model. Thoughts?
    carcrz likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool build so far. I just picked up a USP .45 Tactical, and thinking along the same lines with the compensator and extended mag.
    Warranty likes this.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links