Picked up a police trade-in HK USP 40 V7... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Picked up a police trade-in HK USP 40 V7...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Another +1 for this deal from Kings, I picked up a USP .40 and it shipped quickly and is in great shape, barely any wear on it. Now it's at the gunsmith getting the chamber reamed for 10mm..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Oh god THATS and Idea!
    What other work will you need to do to run 10s?

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waz0wski View Post
    Another +1 for this deal from Kings, I picked up a USP .40 and it shipped quickly and is in great shape, barely any wear on it. Now it's at the gunsmith getting the chamber reamed for 10mm..
    If successful, you'll have to post up the smith's name/contact info -- many gunsmiths won't take this type of work because the H&K barrels are too hard/hard on reamers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletsandbooze View Post
    Oh god THATS and Idea!
    What other work will you need to do to run 10s?
    18-20lb recoil spring for 'hot' 10mm (underwood, custom loads), use HK45 mags w/ slight trimming near top where they touch slide release, light sanding of magwell front/back to allow mags to drop free (they lock in place, last-round hold-open)

if you search for 10mm on here you can find some previous builds with other components, most threads note that the .40 is the easiest for conversion and I've wanted one ever since I saw @lifesizepotato post about it, so when i saw these come up for sale cheap on GB (thanks @JCanto !) I decided to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    If successful, you'll have to post up the smith's name/contact info -- many gunsmiths won't take this type of work because the H&K barrels are too hard/hard on reamers.
    I've read about those issues and discussed it with gunsmith - we'll see how it goes, he claims he can do it.

If successful, I'll see if he wants to do more of these and post contact info in a build/project thread since I know there's a few other people who are wanting to do the conversion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That is an awesome deal! Converting to 10mm is the best idea yet for a $400 USP with the LEM trigger. Sounds like a great time at the range.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Before:

After (ignore the dirt in the .40 S&W letters -- I didn't see what my oily fingers deposited before taking the pic):

ETA: After I removed the sights, CCR refinished the stripped slide I sent them. Shipped USPS Priority Mail 7/2, returned USPS Priority Mail 7/21. The coating is their CPII Nickel/Boron Nitride plating. The proof marks and laser-etched HK letters are perfectly preserved.
    Last edited by mneblett; 07-22-2018 at 12:57 PM.
    waz0wski likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links