Truglo TFX PRO
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Truglo TFX PRO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Truglo TFX PRO

Can someone who uses Truglo TFX PRO sights tell me if the sight picture is different from HK factory sights? I’m thinking of making the switch but I’ve gotten used to the cover hold on my P30 SK and don’t want that to change. Thanks in advance all!

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

The TFX Pros are designed to align the dots instead of the top of the post and notch. On my Glock they are so short the POI is about 4” high. The front sight is extremely long too. I won’t buy them again, but maybe they are better on the H&K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good to know. On the HK the sight picture is the center of the dots, not the top of the front sight. I don’t think the cover hold will change then. Thanks for the reply!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

TFX Pros are what some of the HK Armorers I've worked with out of their GA office use and recommend. HK was also installing these as OE when Meprolight had a supply shortage a year or two back.

No delta in POA/POI for me, I have them on 4 pistols thus far. Really like them. If pistol didn't come with Mep TruGlos, these are my go-to sights. Far less tall and 'sharp' than Trijicon HDs.

Only thing I notice is at indoor ranges depending on lighting at facility, sometimes get in that 'twilight' zone where not quite dark enough for tritium to glow, but not enough ambient light to 'light up' the FO....doesn't bother me, but some have noted this, so figured I'd mention it.
    VP9 - all 4 of them :-)
    VP9SK
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What wolf said.
    If you seek peace buy a USP.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I bought a pair and had them installed on a VP9. I like the way the look, they glow brightly in the dark and at the range their just ok. I am pretty sure I shot the gun better with the factory sights. I thought it was me, but after reading your question I looked for some pictures to demonstrate what I donít like. I found this YouTube video. While the guy is a bit hard to understand in the beginning, his point is exactly spot on. The sights donít glow well in moderate light and the sight picture isnít totally clear for me. I doubt Iíll remove them, but I think heís right. A square rear sight with decent room and a bright front blade would be best for me.

https://youtu.be/O-HFygoOmWI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a case of a tool trying to fill multiple roles and doing neither particularly well. The luminescent sights on my carry pistol are the first 3 dot sights I’ve ever used. I like em, but carrying IWB means the sights never get any light to make them glow. Guess I’ve got some more research to do. Thanks for all the input folks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cheignsaw View Post
    Sounds like a case of a tool trying to fill multiple roles and doing neither particularly well. The luminescent sights on my carry pistol are the first 3 dot sights I’ve ever used. I like em, but carrying IWB means the sights never get any light to make them glow. Guess I’ve got some more research to do. Thanks for all the input folks!
    Tritium sights are needed to not have to 'charge' sights with light to 'glow' in the dark....tritium does this naturally.

Try the Mep TruDots if hesitant on TFX Pros (there are a couple other new TFX sights, check website), they work great as well. About 25% less expensive the TFX Pros as well.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Agree with Wolfie, I have TFX Pro's on my P30L and HK45, my VP9T came with the factory Mep Tru Dots so its staying with those, my HK45C came with lumi-sights so that will also get TFX Pro's (about $105 vs. $75 for Meps) - for the extra $30 I will gladly take the fiber optics for daytime or outdoor shooting, its just stupid fun -

The Meps are great at night, not as decent as the TFX's during the day, but even those still have the "in between" effect which y'all were talking about, in moderate light thats not quite dark but not bright enough to light up the FO - a very rare scenario - honestly in that type of lighting the only thing that will stand out will be a Trijicon HD type of sight (or for a cheaper option check out TruGlo's "Tritium Pro" for about half the price of Trij HD) - in the dusky light scenario only a big bright front dot will really stand out well -

However I'm not a fan of the Trij HD's on most pistols because of the height and sharp edges (however I do like them on USP's) so I tend to just enjoy my TFX Pro's which give me 95% of my needs fulfilled but 200% better satisfaction compared to the factory lumi's, which I will admit are cool as heck in daytime, and very accurate out of the box, just dont give the tritium we all look for - in a SHTF situation the last thing I'll be worried about is what time it is and will my tritium or fiber optics glow bright enough, many tactical sights just use all black just to align and shoot in lower light -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was a big fan of the TruGlo TFX Pro and had them on all 3 of my competition VP9's. That was until I spent a couple days with a professional shooter and after some exercises at 25+ yards I commented to him that I though my tight, blocky sights were hindering me at range. His reply was "yup." Mind you I was getting the hits, just working too hard at it.

I changed all 3 guns to Trijicon HD XR and couldn't be happier. The thinner front sight suits me well as it is very visible in the notch and allows me to look for light instead of distance between dots. I think it is a more precise setup at distance and no sacrifice for speed up close.

BTW, top of sight vs center of dot hold....who cares? If your sights are truly aligned there is only a tenth inch or so between top of sight and center of dot. That is all your point of impact is going to change; a tenth of an inch. If I am shooing at an 8" circle and my sight alignment is perfect, I can move the gun anywhere in an 8" circle and get good hits. So who cares about a tenth of an inch? Just food for thought :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links