Trying to love my P30SK - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Trying to love my P30SK

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pasco42 View Post
    Would there be any benefit to lessening the heavy pull by leaving the P30SK in the cocked position for days or a week etc? Would this somewhat mimic dry fires or live round fires to get the pull down to what others experience after shooting many rounds as far as the hammer spring weight? I just purchased a barely used P30SKV3 and installed a cut down 10 pound spring from HK Parts as well as the FPBS light spring and the DA is still very heavy.
    Heyas Pasco! Welcome to the site, and to the Kraze! Congrats on getting the p30sk!
    As to what you are asking... The dry firing will also help to wear In the moving parts, to help smooth them out. I'm kind of on the fence, in my mind as to leaving the hammer cocked for that long of time. I mean, I leave mags loaded for months on end, simply cause I sometimes forget to change them out. That's not always healthy, but those springs are a Lot bigger. Some may agree or disagree, but I'm kind of leaning towards thinking that doing so with the hammer "may" cause wear on the springs, especially lightened springs, that you might want to avoid.
    Now this is also my thinking. If your p30sk is a carry gun, where it might have to be used for defense....would I want to take the risk of light primer strikes, in a fight? I'm definitely looking forward to seeing other's opinions on this.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the welcome Darkewolf! I have only left it cocked for a few hours at a time and overnight last night. I also have been doing some dry firing. I am happy so say I added a little oil as well and wiped it off the trigger group and on the hammer spring and it is no longer a very heavy pull. It is getting close to how my Px4's feel. So it did work for me or it just worked its way into place and functioning better. Before I switched the hammer spring and FPBS yesterday it had a pull weight way above my Ruger LCR.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heyas Pasco, hey no prob, always glad to see a new fellow HK owner :)
    Ok first off, I have to apologize. I've been a striker fire owner for long enough, that I overlooked something very obvious. Regardless of what kind of pistol we have, we usually recommend leaving the slide locked back at least overnight, before taking the pistol to the range, for the first time. To help loosen up the recoil rod spring a little bit before it's first firing.
    Now, with the slide locked back, on a hammer gun, that would also mean the hammer would be cocked the entire time as well. DUH!! LOL. :eyeroll:
    Now granted, the whole thing about a month or a couple of weeks I still dunno about, but a couple of nights, can't hurt it.
    I'm glad that you found something that worked out, and that you're happy with how it turned out. Haha yeah, I had a ruger SR22 that I wasn't happy with the trigger on. After some cleaning and lubing to the trigger group springs, and hammer, it sorted itself out pretty well. :)
    Hope you get a chance to shoot her soon, I'm really sure that you'll be pleased :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

You know...I used to think the HK DA/SA trigger wasn't too bad. Then I started shooting P7s a lot and now the only modern HK 9mm I really enjoy shooting is the VP9. I finally admitted that to myself recently. Now I'm confessing to the HK world.

The HK45s and USPs that I can cock and lock are still pistols I enjoy taking to the range and would carry in a tac rig while I operate (because I operate like a boss lol) but I don't think I could go back to carrying a P2000sk or the cosmetically reworked vesion that is the subject of this thread.
    Heavy4Caliber likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    You know...I used to think the HK DA/SA trigger wasn't too bad. Then I started shooting P7s a lot and now the only modern HK 9mm I really enjoy shooting is the VP9. I finally admitted that to myself recently. Now I'm confessing to the HK world.
    You must say 10 HK Hail Mary's my son, that's blasphemy!!!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The HK45s and USPs that I can cock and lock are still pistols I enjoy taking to the range and would carry in a tac rig while I operate (because I operate like a boss lol) but I don't think I could go back to carrying a P2000sk or the cosmetically reworked vesion that is the subject of this thread.
    I agree with your assessment, and which is why all my hammer fired HK's (present ones and future ones) will be LEM trigger either factory equipped or converted as I did with my HK45 and 45C - I truly enjoy the "best of both worlds" setup -

mew
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

my first LEM is coming Friday, I'm hoping I like it as I'm so used to the USP but no matter that's part of the fun learning to shoot all the different platforms well........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have had my P-30SK for 300 rounds love it bought a 15 round H&K mag . the grip is even better. might sell off some 9s and buy another H&K.

VP9s&SP5Ks

Same here. I wanted to love the other HK pistols but the VP9's for me are just too instinctive and natural to shoot well. No learning of the triggers needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VP9s&SP5Ks View Post
    Same here. I wanted to love the other HK pistols but the VP9's for me are just too instinctive and natural to shoot well. No learning of the triggers needed.
    Count me in on that as well. I guess my P229 Legion has spoiled me in regard to DA/SA triggers. The VP9 is my favorite HK. I was considering a P30sk at one time, but will probably go with a VP9sk instead.
    “An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links