P30 Bad AMMO???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: P30 Bad AMMO???

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default P30 Bad AMMO???

My P30s FTFeed yesterday in the middle of a string. The cartridge was partially still in the mag and the nose had not entered the chamber (round was "cocked up" in what appeared to be a normal manner) . It was easy to clear by dropping the mag and pulling back on the slide (it was easy to pull back). The gun performed normally afterwards. From the pictures I took, it sure looks like this was a deformed round (crimping "rolled" up smoothly over a large area) that made its way into the 50 round package (Federal AE 124 gr FMJ). I do not inspect rounds prior to loading the magazines (something I now will do).

Do you guys agree that this was case of "bad" ammo making its way into the packaged product?

P30 Bad AMMO???-img_0183.jpgP30 Bad AMMO???-img_0182.jpgP30 Bad AMMO???-img_0180.jpg

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Agree. That is one jacked up round.
    "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

HK91 / HK93 / HK SP89 / PCS9 / PCS53 / TPM P5SD / B&T APC45 / P7M13 / USP45T / USP45CT / HK45T / HK45CT / USP45 Compact / USP9 Compact / VP9SK / Qualified Mfg HK Sear / KAC USP45T Suppressor / AAC Tirant 9mm / AAC 762SD / SilencerCo Osprey 45 / SilencerCo Octane 45 HD / SilencerCo Spectre II / SWR Trident 9 / TPM SD / Benelli M1S90

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Definitely a failure to feed because of ammo.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes, it is bad ammo. It's happened to me on occasion for all rounds I shoot: 9, .40, .357sig, and .45. It's poor QC at the factory.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes on bad ammo. That will happen once in a blue moon when I'm reloading if I miss a rim defect or a projectile starts seating wrong. I can't remember seeing it in the last 5K or so 9MM I've loaded, but it definitely can happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You should contact Federal and show them that picture. Cuz I'm wondering what WOULD have happend, if that round HAD gone into the chamber.
    I mean, thats a pretty serious misload right there.

Anyways, nice share. And for the reminder to check your rounds!
    But yeah, factory defect. Big fat factory defect!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I would agree as well. I have seen quite a few rounds jacked up in some way. Always check every round when my bulk orders get delivered and contact the company if there are any issues and what kind. The best was Blazer as they wanted to inspect each round and the box of ammo that came with it. In return they sent me 3 new boxes for each bad one.
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hgratt View Post
    My P30s FTFeed yesterday in the middle of a string. The cartridge was partially still in the mag and the nose had not entered the chamber (round was "cocked up" in what appeared to be a normal manner) . It was easy to clear by dropping the mag and pulling back on the slide (it was easy to pull back). The gun performed normally afterwards. From the pictures I took, it sure looks like this was a deformed round (crimping "rolled" up smoothly over a large area) that made its way into the 50 round package (Federal AE 124 gr FMJ). I do not inspect rounds prior to loading the magazines (something I now will do).

Do you guys agree that this was case of "bad" ammo making its way into the packaged product?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0183.JPG 
Views:	271 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	209824Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0182.JPG 
Views:	273 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	209826Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0180.JPG 
Views:	227 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	209828
    Hmmm, AE FMJ 124gr is my practice round of choice. Have never seen a round damaged like that one (from Federal). It is a bad round, no doubt, but the first with that severe of damage I have seen from them.

Fellow P30 guy here. Have never had a single malfunction, user error aside, from any of my P30s. Just love how reliable they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for all the responses. I'm still debating as to whether or not I should inform Federal since I don't see much in the way of what they could do. Stuff happens!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

They could compensate your moral damages, or something. Free 50 round package should do ;)
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links