HKPRO Forums banner

Which one ?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  silverbullet818 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a HK in .45 my two choices are the HK 45c or the HK USP 45c, which one would be closer in size to the glock 19(that's what I carry now) want to switch to a 45 any help would help. Thanks

#2 ·
Switch to the flat baseplates if you are going to carry it and want similar size to Glock 19 -

If I recall correctly, the HK45C has a slightly longer slide than the USP45C - however thats not as much the dimension we think about with CCW'ing as much as height -

I have a G19 Gen4 and an HK45C - I just turned them upside down to measure the height of both, **if you have the flat baseplate on the magazine** the height difference is so minute, probably 1/10th to 1/8 of an inch at the most, they are almost visually identical - The slide of the HK45C sticks out a similar amount, about 1/8 inch at most - I am not getting into thickness or weight, as thickness can vary if you have safety on the HK, etc, the slide is a bit beefier being a 45 - the HK45C slide is a bit more streamlined than the USP45C slide which is more of a traditional blocky slide -

Hope that helps -

#3 · (Edited)
Depends, to me USP just doesn't feel as nice in my hand as 45C, so I have 2 45Cs, one for each hand. I don't have any Blocks, but RickyBobby provided a good comparison.

HK says, https://hk-usa.com/comparison-result/?models=186,190 compare dimensions with G19, https://us.glock.com/products/model/g19gen5

Based on the above:

HK45C:

Overall length 7.24 in.
Overall height 5.51 in.
Overall width w/lever 1.54 in.
Barrel length 3.94 in.
Sight radius 6 in

USP 9mm Compact:

Overall length 7.09 in.
Overall height 5.04 in.
Overall width 1.38 in.
Barrel length 3.78 in.
Sight radius 5.63 in.

Block19 Gen5:

Length: 7.28 in.
Width: 1.34 in.
Length Between Sights: 6.02 in.
Height: 5.04 in.
Barrel Length: 4.02 in.

#5 ·
So to keep this on track and not turning it into a vs thread outside the HK realm.

The HK45c IMO beats out the USPc 45 in all arenas sans the grip. The grip texture is much better on the USPc. The rail (Though mostly useless), sight radius, mag release, slide profile, overall profile, stock meprolight night sights, and stock trigger are all overall better. The only thing is the grip texture is akin to a wet bar of soap. But you texture the grip or put some grip tape on an LE model and you're good out of the box. It's also a slightly softer shooter for some reason.

The USPc IMO needs some stuff before it's good to go. I will say though, if the grip texture was on the HK45c it would be perfect.

#8 ·
I put Talon rubber on one of my 45C, the other has a Hogue Handall Tactical slip on which is darn near perfect for me. For such a compact 45 it's as easy to shoot, maybe a tad easier, than my full size HK45.

Reactions: navyman8903
#7 ·
I'll interject a contrasting opinion: I think the two are interchangeable. They are similar enough in size, weight and profile that I bet most people, with a glove and blindfold on, wouldn't be able to tell you which one you put in their hand. Trigger too. The HK45C has a pic rail that is so small it's almost as useless as the one on the USPc. They use the same magazines.

Both are great 45s -- I would recommend you buy whichever one you find a better deal on.

#12 ·
I was recently comparing these as well. Did not find the HK45c to be readily available, looks like recent street pricing was ~$650 but almost none out there online and the few that are were like $1k or more. There was a nice used HK45c at the LGS but they wanted $799 and it only came with 1 mag and no box. The USPc was readily available new for a little over $800. I ordered the USPc yesterday and it just shipped.

I somewhat prefer that it is made in Germany, no dis on US quality just a preference for a German brand gun. Also prefer the non-ambi slide release, I don't need the extra lever on a gun I want small for carry. The slide and overall length ever so slightly shorter is fine with me. Also prefer the USPc styling, more traditional and it matches my USP full size nicely. Finally, I don't want the swappable backstrap which leaves an un-needed groove on the grip and don't like the extra hump on the back of the HK45c grip. Realistically though, I would probably have been pretty happy with either one I got a good deal on, both sweet pieces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.