Got the fever for a VP9sk
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Got the fever for a VP9sk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Got the fever for a VP9sk

I have several H&K pistols and I love them all. I was recently in a new gun store. I looked at the H&K VP9sk. I own a regular VP9 and I like it. Now I feel like I have to get a VP9sk. I would like to hear the pros and cons of the VP9sk from those of you who own one. It's a little bigger than my Sig P365. It was similar in size to my H&K P30sk. Does it shoot about the same?I would appreciate your feed back.
    Heavy4Caliber likes this.
    I have been where you fear to be
    I have seen what you fear to see
    I have done what you fear to do
    All these things I have done for you

VP9s&SP5Ks

I love my VP9SK! I don't think you'll find anyone who'll say it shoots like the P30sk. More like the VP9 (obviously). I've been using mine a lot with the X-grip adapter that adapts the VP9 15 round mag. I hear many people love the factory extended mags but I have no experience with them (and don't feel I'm missing anything with the VP9 mags). I use the flush factory at times for concealed carry. Also, I added TFX Pro sights to mine. I'd get the VP9SK if I were you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just purchased a VP9sk a few weeks ago. I love how it shoots. One of the most accurate pistols I own. It’s my new EDC now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Buy it, you will love it!
    The only thing that you really have to get used to, is that it has the shorter hand grip. Which for me, just means adjusting my purchase when I go to insert/remove the mag. Other than that, it's exactly what its full sized older brother is.
    With the finger extension, or an extended mag, you have that same "made for your hand" feel that we all love about these guns. The weight and balance is really great, and even with the smaller size, this thing just automagically comes up right where you want that front sight to be.
    It's quite an accurate little pistol as well. I'm by far not the Best shooter with a pistol, but my groups average about 2.5 inches or less, with a few hole in hole shots mixed in. (When I'm really trying for groups, not just practicing combat shots of point and pull). As you already know about the VP9 series tho, it does shoot a little bit low, except at really long range, so you still have to adjust to more of a 6 o'clock hold. As far as recoil, unless you're shooting hot rounds, the recoil is really surprisingly soft for a short barreled gun. In 9mm, I would even go so far as to say that it's less than the full sized. Mine had a real tendency to pull right, during recoil. Really Not so much with the sk. That's a tad bit of a double edged sword tho. Right out of the box, due to the double recoil spring system the slide Can be harder to pull on some of them, so it does take some work to get those feeling good. But just plenty of shooting, and they're golden!
    The only downside that I don't like about mine, is ten rounds. And that mags are so expensive. Otherwise, love the hell outta my VP9sk!
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The VP9SK shoots amazingly well and the groupings were as good as the VP9.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Honestly, I don't consider myself a terribly competent shot. I have an ex-LEO friend who is simply amazing with a handgun (even weak hand) and he comes over to shoot occasionally. After watching me humiliate several of my guns, he watched me shoot my VP9SK. His comment, "That gun likes you".

I'd sell most of my other guns before that one. I have a wide selection of excellent carry options (some smaller and some larger than the SK) but I always end up carrying the SK. 10 round magazine in the gun and 15 rounds on the belt. I can't see how you'd be disappointed.

By the way, at a LGS yesterday, I dry fired a P30SK. To me, the hammer pull feels like a mile compared with the striker on the VP9SK.
    Last edited by Jeppo; 07-23-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    Old fart, with guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeppo View Post

By the way, at a LGS yesterday, I dry fired a P30SK. To me! The hammer pull feels like a mile compared with the striker on the VP9SK.
    It’s not bad from the reset. I like the long initial pull for CC. Can’t go wrong with either though, to each his own.
    Jeppo likes this.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I almost, mind you almost, like my VP9sk better than my VP9.

I have many HK variant pistols. Other than the P7, I trust my safety to my VP9sk.
    WolfieRules likes this.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Heyas sorry to double post. I got to re-reading your first post, and thought of a couple of things to add.

In comparison to the Sig. Honestly....yeah. As far as size and capacity, right now the Sig 365 is the pistol that everybody is aiming to beat right now. It's pretty much a single stack 9mm with a double (or rather I should say 1.5) stack mag. I know that can be a factor for carry. Especially if concealment is high priority. Compared to the p30sk, the vp9 is fractions of an inch larger, in some areas, like barrel/slide length and trigger guard dimensions. I can't remember for sure, but I think because of the difference in strikerfire to hammerfire, the VP9 might be slightly shorter height wise.
    Which brings up a point I was going to make about how the differences in in how the two SK's shoot. Noticed recoil is gonna be less, in the striker. For one, with the lower bore axis afforded by the striker, you're getting the web of your hand closer to where the barrel is. Second, that slide isn't having to cock or push a hammer back, to that's going to affect the recoil, tho most likely NOT noticeably.
    As far as the two for their triggers, you own both. So on that front, you know it would actually be better to compare them if the p30 was light LEM. The trigger on the sk is literally EVERYTHING that the full size is, But WITHOUT the TGT (Trigger guard trench) that some people really hate.
    On that note...since you own and regularly shoot a 365....how would you compare the triggers on that, vs the VP9?

Ok, so bottom line. You posted that you got the fever. Only cure for that, is to get one. You know ya want one, go scratch that itch! Will it replace your Sig as your EDC? Size and weight comparison...most likely not. But it's a great gun to shoot, and from the sounds of it, will definitely fill in one of the gaps that you've got in your HK collection. ;)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I love my VP9 very, very much.

I really wanted a P2K sized VP9, and so I debated a VP9SK, hoping they might release the one I really wanted.

Yesterday I went and picked up a new one on a very good deal (PM me for details if you're in the market). I'm thrilled with it. I haven't shot it yet, but will as soon as I install the 10-8 sights I'm holding for it; hoping that will all go down this week. The trigger feels even better than my VP9, which now has over 1K mixed rounds through it. Even without having shot mine yet, I'd say in your shoes go ahead and get one.

If anyone knows where I can get some factory 13 round mags with the P30SK/VP9SK baseplate/extension set up please PM me--thank you!
    Never forget;
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to obedience to God.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links