VP9 upgrade path? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: VP9 upgrade path?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My PPS M2 LE came with white phosphor sights and I love them. They work out great for me and I haveno problems seeing them in pretty much any condition.

I also like the lower sights. At times I feel like the stock VP9 sights are too high for my liking. So I think would like something maybe a bit lower.

Any thoughts on truglow tfx tritium and fiber optic extreme sights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry Klaustrophobia, I didn't notice they were the same sights. How low do they sit compared to stock sights, not sure if you have seen in person?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Based on my experience, the Trij HDs are a bit tall, very sharp, and unless have XR, kind of wide for much beyond 20 yards or so.

TFX Pros are my go to sights, unless my LE editions which came with Meps TruGlo. HK was using TFX Pro on LE models a while back when Meps had supply chain issues. HK armorer @ HKCS suggested I try the TFX Pros, said what he used, and they're pretty awesome.

Other than sight change, I don't see need to change anything on VP9, except I always add a Talon rubber grip.
    VP9 - times 4
    VP9SK
    P30 v3
    P30SK v3
    HK45 V1 German Made
    HK45 V7 US built
    HK45 V1 US built
    HK45C V7 OD
    HK 45C V1 German Made

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warranty View Post
    Agreed. Just make sure you do your homework. I I went with the RMR gen 2 because it autoadjusts brightness. Gen 1 and Deltapoint don’t.
    The Type 1 RMRs absolutely have the auto adjust feature on their LED models, as does the DeltaPoint (the DP doesn't even have manual brightness to begin with). The DeltaPoint Pro does not have the auto adjust feature, despite early marketing literature stating it did.

I personally have zero use for the auto adjust feature, but I always have a WML on my guns with RMRs.
    Hidden Content

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得 箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Type 1 RMRs absolutely have the auto adjust feature on their LED models, as does the DeltaPoint (the DP doesn't even have manual brightness to begin with). The DeltaPoint Pro does not have the auto adjust feature, despite early marketing literature stating it did.

I personally have zero use for the auto adjust feature, but I always have a WML on my guns with RMRs.
    My understanding is that the gen 1 RMR doesn’t have LED. And the auto adjust function doesn’t work as well on the non-led version gen 1

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfieRules View Post
    Other than sight change, I don't see need to change anything on VP9, except I always add a Talon rubber grip.
    Agreed 100% - There are always doo dads and bits to buy to trick out any firearm, the VP is becoming no exception - Its a tack driver with a great trigger out of the box - its nice to have steel sights but for a defensive pistol I would add something with Tritium (I'm with Wolf, the Meps are great if you buy an out of the box LE model, however if not, Truglo TFX Pro are my choice) - other than that, I added the windowless slide plate from HKParts (less distracting with the striker indicator in the rear), and the alloy striker sleeve, and I just shoot the thing -

Add a WML if its your nightstand pistol, and you are good to go -

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warranty View Post
    My understanding is that the gen 1 RMR doesn’t have LED. And the auto adjust function doesn’t work as well on the non-led version gen 1
    I don't know what you mean by that first statement. There were absolutely many Type 1 LED models, both auto adjust only (AKA LED) and the adjustables that had an auto adjust setting (AKA Adjustable LED).

On the second statement, I assume you're talking about the tritium/FO models of the RMR, AKA the dual-illuminated. If so, to call those auto adjust is rather misleading, IMO, since nothing is really being adjusted, it's simply how much light the fiber optic is collecting. Those models certainly do suffer from wash-out, whether it be due to shooting from a dark area to a bright area, or utilizing a WML.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've always found Trijicon HDs to be too sharp, and a bit overpriced. Ameriglo sights offer the same tritium tubes for a much more reasonable price. I've been considering a set of their Spartan Operators for another pistol. My VP9 is the LE version, and came with stock night sights.
    “An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I don't know what you mean by that first statement. There were absolutely many Type 1 LED models, both auto adjust only (AKA LED) and the adjustables that had an auto adjust setting (AKA Adjustable LED).

On the second statement, I assume you're talking about the tritium/FO models of the RMR, AKA the dual-illuminated. If so, to call those auto adjust is rather misleading, IMO, since nothing is really being adjusted, it's simply how much light the fiber optic is collecting. Those models certainly do suffer from wash-out, whether it be due to shooting from a dark area to a bright area, or utilizing a WML.
    I was told the older models didn’t have LED. I did see a little bit of washout with my WML when aiming at a white background in a dark room. But turning up the brightness fixed it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use my vp9 at the range and eventually for local IDPA matches. Changing the sights was my first mod. Went with the Dawson comp. fiber optic sights. For my aging eyes it was a huge improvement.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links