ArmsUnlimited USPs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: ArmsUnlimited USPs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I Understand and I could be wrong, the serial number is registered to the Variant it is associated with even if they changed the trigger From V1 to V7 the serial number would still be a V1 and will always be registered as a V1.

So you would need to contact them to make sure it is a V1 or V9 to get shipped into the State. The company is well established and will know and have all this information. you just have to call and see what they have. The V7 is a LEM light trigger I believe you could get lucky and someone converted over to it but like I said you need to call them and see if they have V1 or V9, that's all that you can register here.

You can convert it however you want but it will always be referred as it was produced and originally sold and registered as

Jake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globe182jp View Post
    From what I Understand and I could be wrong, the serial number is registered to the Variant it is associated with even if they changed the trigger From V1 to V7 the serial number would still be a V1 and will always be registered as a V1.

So you would need to contact them to make sure it is a V1 or V9 to get shipped into the State. The company is well established and will know and have all this information. you just have to call and see what they have. The V7 is a LEM light trigger I believe you could get lucky and someone converted over to it but like I said you need to call them and see if they have V1 or V9, that's all that you can register here.

You can convert it however you want but it will always be referred as it was produced and originally sold and registered as

Jake
    Thank you! That was what I was wondering. I found a v7 LEM and would like to go that route if I could, but I guess the only option I have is to go V1 then convert it to LEM. Is the conversion hard? I was going to call yesterday, but they had just called. I’m going to call them today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TSpork View Post
    Thank you! That was what I was wondering. I found a v7 LEM and would like to go that route if I could, but I guess the only option I have is to go V1 then convert it to LEM. Is the conversion hard? I was going to call yesterday, but they had just called. I’m going to call them today

The problem with buying a V1 and converting to LEM is that the LEM kits are OOS everywhere, again - they were in stock on HK's website around July 4th or so, and 50+ kits sold out within 24 hours - And prior to that, they had not been in stock since Christmas - HKParts is the only retailer that has the kits stocked but they charge 150% markup on it - Trust me no one has them, I checked with Cross Creek, Flagman, etc, all parts places, the LEM conversion kit is nowhere to be found.

So if you talk to HK, ask them what the ETA is on more conversion kits arriving - I learned my lesson and from now on if I am planning to buy a LEM pistol I will buy a factory LEM, a couple springs are easier to come by if I want to change the trigger pull - I didn't have a choice as I got one of the last remaining German HK45C's from last year so I only could get V1, but on any other HK's I buy they will be factory LEM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you are going to convert it I Highly Highly recommend you do the LEM-Match Hybrid kit hands down best HK trigger ever

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...tallation.html

I had HK convert my USP 9 but I see Bill Springfield will install it also, maybe check and see if he has them in stock.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globe182jp View Post
    If you are going to convert it I Highly Highly recommend you do the LEM-Match Hybrid kit hands down best HK trigger ever

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-refer...tallation.html

I had HK convert my USP 9 but I see Bill Springfield will install it also, maybe check and see if he has them in stock.
    Per His website, he doesn't keep stock. You have to send all the necessary parts in, with your pistol(s) for the conversion. Other HK Services: Refinishing, Sights, & More
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    The problem with buying a V1 and converting to LEM is that the LEM kits are OOS everywhere, again - they were in stock on HK's website around July 4th or so, and 50+ kits sold out within 24 hours - And prior to that, they had not been in stock since Christmas - HKParts is the only retailer that has the kits stocked but they charge 150% markup on it - Trust me no one has them, I checked with Cross Creek, Flagman, etc, all parts places, the LEM conversion kit is nowhere to be found.

So if you talk to HK, ask them what the ETA is on more conversion kits arriving - I learned my lesson and from now on if I am planning to buy a LEM pistol I will buy a factory LEM, a couple springs are easier to come by if I want to change the trigger pull - I didn't have a choice as I got one of the last remaining German HK45C's from last year so I only could get V1, but on any other HK's I buy they will be factory LEM.
    Between HKCS and Brownells you shouldn't have very much trouble getting all the parts needed.
    Last edited by 1ZERO; 08-08-2018 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1ZERO View Post
    Between HKCS and Brownells you shouldn't have very much trouble getting all the parts needed.
    Is converting it possible at home, or is it one of those things that you should send out to have done

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is converting it possible at home, or is it one of those things that you should send out to have done

Certainly possible, but you want a touch of experience messing with it. They're not Glocks.
    The trigger return spring is the hardest part; get the tool from HKParts and save yourself a lot of pain.
    2 + 2 = 4, whether you know how to count or not.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There are a couple of very good disassembly/ assembly video's (Mosin Virus) on Youtube. Watch those first to see if it's something you wanna do. Those video's in conjunction with too sexy's pictorals worked great for me.
    Last edited by 1ZERO; 08-09-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got the conversion kit from H&K and did the conversion for a friend who wanted to go from V1 to LEM. I lightened my LEM from 8 lb to 5 lb. I shoot mine in USPSA & IDPA. I shoot a lot of crappy ammo. I had a lot of misfires. I got a 16 lb mainspring from Wolf Springs (they make the mainsprings for H&K. The factory mainspring is 14 lb.) Fixed my misfire issue and didn't effect the trigger pull noticeably. Instead of buying a tool to install the trigger return spring, I used a 6" length of 1/2" dowel behind the trigger. There are a couple of pretty good You Tube videos on doing the conversion. I'm a factory armorer and I use them to refresh my memory. If you aren't confident about doing it yourself, I'd send it back to the factory and let them do it. They rebuilt mine after about 60,000 rd. No charge and got it back in about 2 - 3 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links