Considering buying my first HK... Expert or MK23? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Considering buying my first HK... Expert or MK23?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    Experts are good.
    IMHO an Elite might be better...
    5 to 6 inch barrel and slide.
    Which one do you think has less felt recoil?
    My Elite is a tack driving Wamma Jamma - LOL
    What about an elite with one of those match weights or tuning weights

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool OEM HK All the Way

Quote Originally Posted by dumbpunk7777 View Post
    What about an elite with one of those match weights or tuning weights
    The Long Slide Hk is Amazing (USP Elite).
    Hard to believe you need any third party parts to make it any better.
    Converted mine to Match LEM Hybrid.
    And used a Factory Combat Competition Novak red fiber optic front sight (plus Mep adjustable rear).
    It's the bomb...

Combat Competition Elite
    It's good to be Elite...
    Last edited by Barth; 08-15-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I’m a NYer and have a HK45C as the home defense pistol and rotate the P30SK and VP9SK as carry pistols (for HK pistols, I also own many other brands). I live 30-45 mins outside of NYC. Laws here still suck big time but at least acquiring and carrying pistols is allowed. Maybe think about moving to Nassau or Westchester County. On the NYC border and it’s night and day compared to the 5 borough gun laws. For me the extra commute time is worth being able to carry, plus an acre or 2 of land and a real house are some extra benefits.

Anyway...Go for the expert.

I recommend a basic 12ga (mossberg 500) for basic home defense until the pistol permit gets through (could take over a year brother, if you even get it).

Best of luck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkeWolf View Post
    I'm not sure about NY. But my mom has been after me for many years to move out there to NJ. After checking out THEIR gun laws, I have adamantly refused. NJ and NY are pretty much mirror images, as far as guns go, and in NJ you can't even load hollowpoints in your home guns. Not sure of the legality of even HAVING hollowpoints in your home.
    Their transport laws are absolutely ridiculous as well. As a resident, when traveling with a firearm, you are allowed a trip to and from a gunrange. STRAIGHT to and from, from point A to point B. You stop off for gas, and a cop pulls you over, you're in violation of the law.

Then in stark contrast you have states like CO who have the "make my day" law. It's crazy!

LOL, I live in CO and consider our gun laws onerous. State agency background check on private purchases, no importation of 16+ rd magazines (local shops all over the state carry normal mags, in defiance of the law), CCW is expensive and takes weeks for the bigger counties to get done. Stupid liberal state. Back home in MO, Constitutional Carry, no mag limits, no UBC. No mountains though :(

OP, USP Expert, as everyone else has said, is the correct answer if you can't have a silencer.

That being said, I've shot my silencer back to back on a MK23 and my USP45T, and I really couldn't tell a heck of a lot of difference. USP's with the o-ring barrel are insanely accurate.

Move to an NFA friendly state and buy a silencer. :D

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MtnDrew View Post
    LOL, I live in CO and consider our gun laws onerous. State agency background check on private purchases, no importation of 16+ rd magazines (local shops all over the state carry normal mags, in defiance of the law), CCW is expensive and takes weeks for the bigger counties to get done. Stupid liberal state. Back home in MO, Constitutional Carry, no mag limits, no UBC. No mountains though :(

OP, USP Expert, as everyone else has said, is the correct answer if you can't have a silencer.

That being said, I've shot my silencer back to back on a MK23 and my USP45T, and I really couldn't tell a heck of a lot of difference. USP's with the o-ring barrel are insanely accurate.

Move to an NFA friendly state and buy a silencer. :D
    Ah, wow. I didnt know about some of that! Thanks for the info!
    I just very recently moved back home to MO. From outta KS. Both states are really easy going about our gun laws, and we even now have "Right to Stand". Meaning that we do not have to take the option to flee, as the first rule of engagement.

Move to the midwest guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    I lived in NJ for the first 30 years of my life - trust me I know that they are just as bad if not worse than New York - you have no carry privileges as a "commoner" whether open or concealed, as you need to prove "justifiable need" to get approved with a carry permit, which as we know, unless you are politically connected and paid off the right people, never will get approved. In a state of 9M+ people, just to shock the crap out of you to show how disarmed people are, there was something like 435 concealed carry permits issued in the entire state about 3 years ago, info I got from a friend at the NJSP.

Unless you are LEO or a political elite, your life does not matter outside your home. Hollow points are allowed in the home but you are correct, as a common citizen, do not remove them from your house (range training etc) - the best decision I ever made for my wallet and my freedom was to move out of the Northeast hell hole, and yes people look at you sideways as if the only place that you can make money and a living is in the Northeast, its laughable and a fear tactic to make you feel stuck - my area is BOOMING every day, more people moving in, infrastructure, jobs everywhere, new home construction etc, you will never find it in NJ/NY/CT etc as people are making their exodus in droves.
    Ricky- Yeah, I've heard a lot of that. Thanks for the update about the hollow points, it seems like my info on that may have been out of date. Thanks!
    Those numbers remind me of back before MO opened up the right to carry to the general public years back.
    It really, really is truly SAD that we have areas of the country where people are struggling and fighting for basic rights, and then we have areas of the country where people are Abusing those rights, just to instigate and video situations with the police.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis Hidden Content
    Some people whine that HK doesn't put things out fast enough -- the same people that whine when something is put out before it's perfect. Some people just like to whine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links