Roll Mark Insanity - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Roll Mark Insanity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how could you expect a 40sw with a barrel swap to have the same value of a factory 357sig gun. that sounds like the true insanity to me. makes little difference that functionally theyre the same

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

For the true believers, roll mark and serial number hysteria unite to create peak nerdom.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a standard USPc over this!

Superstar likes this.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clausewitz View Post
    For the true believers, roll mark and serial number hysteria unite to create peak nerdom.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a standard USPc over this!

Why didn't you get one with a lower serial number?
    RockyRiver likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Bought one off Gunbroker a few years back for $600, not many pics but 357 roll marks, figured it would be a rough finish but mechanically solid. Near mint, finish was flawless. Only way to tell was to take out the barrel and you could see very minor cycling marks on it. (someone spelled H&K odd on Gunbroker so I think I was one of the few to see it, two week bid, I was the only bid, shocked I got it.

Was going to carry is, did for a bit but too mint to carry for what they cost.

Yes, It's silly, It the only firearm I want to match and have the right roll marks. (A 40 with the 357 barrel is the same in all but cosmetics. )

Now I am looking for a new in box one and have been for a year, or at least mint and would pay a full amount. Can't explain why this is the pistol that has to be 100% correct for me but it has to be. If I find a mint one I will carry the near mint one.

Clear as mud huh.
    HK USPc 357 Sig (match trigger)
    HK VP357 Sig (40 with RCM 357 barrel) (match trigger)
    HK USPc 40 with German 357 barrel installed (match trigger)
    Walther P99 AS (Many 9mm and 40)
    Class 3 Colt M4
    Class 3 Colt Commando
    Class 3 HK MP 5

PC7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I remember there was a bunch of P2000 .357SIGs on GB about 5-6 years ago. I think Barth picked up one from there, too. Is that correct, @Barth ?
    Yep, I remember them too. And they were selling cheap too, like around $600.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This thread delivers.

Let the HKPRO lemmings buy the overpriced pseudo-collectible caliber-du-jour pistols and perpetuate the "my-gun-is-rarer-than-your-gun" BIG swinging *ick show and tells.
    Last edited by airforce1; 08-16-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    This thread delivers.

Let the HKPRO lemmings buy the overpriced pseudo-collectible caliber-du-jour pistols and perpetuate the "my-gun-is-rarer-than-your-gun" BIG swinging *ick show and tells.
    You don't like how the thread is progressing and photos of the .357 pistols?

So yall decide to bust these guys chops, do some name calling, and sling some childish inuendos at anything that moves?

HKPRO has higher standards than other trash talk gun forums. Yall and your last post missed that mark.
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    This thread delivers.

and thats the whole point. people who value the factory 357sig gun can pay the premium if they want too, and those who just want a functioning gun can buy the one with a swap. the market satisfies everyone and if anything we should look at the high value placed on the hk as a positive rather than negative thing as it is a testament to hks following.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdfarming View Post
    and thats the whole point. people who value the factory 357sig gun can pay the premium if they want too, and those who just want a functioning gun can buy the one with a swap. the market satisfies everyone and if anything we should look at the high value placed on the hk as a positive rather than negative thing as it is a testament to hks following.
    Hence my original thought as to why I started the thread... the P2k and USP with the .357 roll mark was/is still a tool gun that most if not all use on a daily basis as EDC etc, and not a safe queen as one would think of a collector's piece". So the paradox is this EDC that gets all the wonderful use treatment and wear of any other tool gun, yet it is a collectors piece just for the roll mark! And if you truly want an EDC at .357, the .40 swap bbl IS the same gun physically, but not esoterically (or financially).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adlerburg View Post
    Hence my original thought as to why I started the thread... the P2k and USP with the .357 roll mark was/is still a tool gun that most if not all use on a daily basis as EDC etc, and not a safe queen as one would think of a collector's piece". So the paradox is this EDC that gets all the wonderful use treatment and wear of any other tool gun, yet it is a collectors piece just for the roll mark! And if you truly want an EDC at .357, the .40 swap bbl IS the same gun physically, but not esoterically (or financially).
    im not sure how you came to the conclusion that most hk 357sig's get used on a daily basis as edc. my observations have been that most guns in fact dont see much use. im a big gun guy and ive got guns i havent shot in years. certainly anyone who has the money to buy the hk sig at todays prices over the barrel swapped one would have the money to put into a less special carry gun to beat up on daily.

yea and thats the answer to your question is supply/demand, rarity ect... people are always gonna prefer the "real deal" over something less"legitimate" or special and therefore it will be more valuable.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links