HK .45
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HK .45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK .45

I have been carrying a glock 19 and I want to move up to a HK in .45 which one would be close to the size of a G-19( I find that size fit me good ) ?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Cool Welcome to Hk

Quote Originally Posted by tjcie View Post
    I have been carrying a glock 19 and I want to move up to a HK in .45 which one would be close to the size of a G-19( I find that size fit me good ) ?
    USPC 45 or HK45C.
    Check them out.
    Both are GTG.
    Also recommend going Light LEM

BTW I own both

Actually have USPc SS guns in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.
    Last edited by Barth; 08-18-2018 at 01:41 AM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    USPC 45 or HK45C.
    Check them out.
    Both are GTG.
    Also recommend going Light LEM

BTW I own both

Actually have USPc SS guns in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45 ACP.
    What shoots better the USPc or HK45c thinking about everything...how they handle the round.. do you like one more then the other. pro and cons
    if you don't mind...

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

IMHO I think going to a gun store and gripping both will tell you a lot. Whichever fits better in your hand could possibly be the biggest difference.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mullhead View Post
    IMHO I think going to a gun store and gripping both will tell you a lot. Whichever fits better in your hand could possibly be the biggest difference.
    See if your local gun range might have one that you can rent and shoot first.
    Last edited by Kilroy2721; 08-18-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have owned both in a couple configurations. The USPc fits ME better in the hand, and the frame is more controllable during recoil. This is largely because of the more aggressive texturing on the USPc's grip, mainly the frontstrap, but also because of the larger in hand width of the USPc. It seems my trigger finger falls with the USPc more naturally than on the HK45C. Being thinner, the HK45C tends to slip in my hands a bit, though grip tape would fix this. Overall, I'd probably still recommend the 45C. It is the newer version of a similar pistol and was easier for me to conceal because of the width. Unlike the P-Series, the HK45 Series and the USPs have interchangeable fire controls, so you're not missing out by going with the newer 'gun.

I have also owned a number a Glocks, including a number of 19s and 23s so I'm familiar with the size you're referring to.

The HK45C will be easier to conceal than the USPc. You will find the barrel/forward frame longer than the G19 regardless of which HK you go with. I will strongly recommend flat floor plates on both 'compact' HK pistols. The trigger may take a little getting used to coming from the Gaston, but it's worth it as its much better. IMHO, the trigger on my USP Compacts has been nicer than on the HK45Cs. Skip DA/SA and go straight to nice LEM.

Edited during the day..
    Last edited by Disregarded9-side; 08-21-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    Never forget;
    Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to obedience to God.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I have large hands so the USP platform fits me better. The HK45 platform is a bust to me because they should have made it with panels like the P30 and VP series, so the grip was adjustable. Also, the trigger distance from the hand web area to center is shorter. It is an average to small hand persons handgun. I have one I have spent thousands on that I struggle to shoot. I should have spent time with it before RMR install, sight replace, trigger work, slide refinish and stippling.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Shot both, can't go wrong either way.
    USP Compact .45 felt better, and I shot a bit better with it.

Get both in your hand, get what feels more comfortable and train with it.

Watch your front sight and shoot safe!

Let us know what you buy!
    =)
    The Spirit of God hath made me, the breath of the Almighty hath given me life

Hidden Content Hidden Content

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by USP/P30 View Post
    What shoots better the USPc or HK45c thinking about everything...how they handle the round.. do you like one more then the other. pro and cons if you don't mind...
    I have both. They're almost identical. But for me, the HK45C fits my hand a little nicer, and I like the grip surface better. As the others have suggested, you might want to look into the LEM style variation. It is by far my favorite style of action, and perfectly suited for concealed carry.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

If you are willing to try the .40 the P2000 is also similar in size as the G19

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links