Have you switched to a different safety only to later switch to LEM anyway?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Have you switched to a different safety only to later switch to LEM anyway?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Have you switched to a different safety only to later switch to LEM anyway?

Have my USP45 Var2 that I'll switch over to Var1, but just curious if anyone else ever did this - or an ambi - only to later go LEM and wish they had just done that in the first place?

Personally I like DA/SA, but - I've never tried a LEM...

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I have. I'm slowly switching most everything to LEM - but, I'm keeping the safety levers. The safety is always off when I carry, but I want it when doing administrative tasks, and on the USPs, to be able to still use the decocker.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mneblett View Post
    I have. I'm slowly switching most everything to LEM - but, I'm keeping the safety levers. The safety is always off when I carry, but I want it when doing administrative tasks, and on the USPs, to be able to still use the decocker.
    You converted your USPs to LEM and are still able to use the decocker?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well. I used so-called Variant 9 on my USP compact, it's a Lite LEM with cock safety function still. Just a 1911 guy thinking.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    You converted your USPs to LEM and are still able to use the decocker?

Is that possible Toosexy? I thought decocker is gone forever on LEM setup.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crzteach View Post
    Have my USP45 Var2 that I'll switch over to Var1, but just curious if anyone else ever did this - or an ambi - only to later go LEM and wish they had just done that in the first place?

Personally I like DA/SA, but - I've never tried a LEM...
    Yes and yes.

Though I’m certain you’ve already thought of it, obviously if you can get your hands on a LEM to try out and see what you think of the trigger before spending the money to convert it, that’s the way to go. If not, I vote absolutely go for it; if you don’t like it (I’d bet you will) you can always convert it back to DA/SA and sell the LEM kit easily. If you already like the DA/SA, then rock it and just buy another HK w/LEM, best of all worlds. LEM is its own animal and it is awesome. FWIW, my experience was I started with USPc’s and they were all V1’s. I decided I didn’t want the safety so I switched them to V3. I later acquired a P30SK LEM and then a P2000SK LEM, it was over for me...I started switching all my USPc’s to LEM after that...still have one left to do though. I doubt I’ll ever go back, but I have the parts if I want to. Good luck, YMMV.
    robertp likes this.
    ”What do you want to discuss now, my favorite color?”–Col. Nathan R. Jessup

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah. I'm an LEM fan, but I got an HK45C in V1 because I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I first changed it to V2, because I'm leftie. The gun seemed as if a 1911 got drunk and spent the night with a Sig, and they had an ugly lovechild who was so confused about its identity that it didn't know if it wanted to be SA or DA/SA. If I want SA, I'll carry a 1911. If I want a DA/SA, I'll carry a Sig. But I like HK's, and I like LEM's. The HK45C will be converted to LEM as soon as the parts become available from the usual sources. After that, the gun will be an EDC.
    HK12Step likes this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Funny. I expected to hear that people went from safety to LEM no safety. Not that they then went to LEM with safety because all the LEMs I’ve seen are just that. No safety.

When I looked at the parts for sale section I expected to see a lot of safetys for sale because of LEM conversions. Maybe that’s why I don’t?

Darn it. Now I think I hear my wallet opening up the more we talk about all this...

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LEM only.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crzteach View Post
    Funny. I expected to hear that people went from safety to LEM no safety. Not that they then went to LEM with safety because all the LEMs I’ve seen are just that. No safety.

When I looked at the parts for sale section I expected to see a lot of safetys for sale because of LEM conversions. Maybe that’s why I don’t?

Darn it. Now I think I hear my wallet opening up the more we talk about all this...
    The majority of people went LEM with NO safety and many buy factory LEM that, of course, does not come with safety.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links