AD Code 2003 USP 45
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AD Code 2003 USP 45

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default AD Code 2003 USP 45

I got this on trade, emailed HK about the firing pin redesign and asked them if that was something that needed my immediate attention and I was told no..

" No, it will not hinder the function of the firearm. It was redesign to make other firearms more compatible. "

So, ok, Im not sure what that means, Ive looked on the forums about it and all Ive heard is that they were having problems with breakage? ..

Another thing, the owner probably lied about the round count but it seems to be some excessive wear on the barrel, although the crown still looks good. .. so what do you guys think ?AD Code 2003 USP 45-hk1.jpg

Attachment 212322

AD Code 2003 USP 45-hk3.jpg

AD Code 2003 USP 45-hk4.jpg

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I had a later USP 45, but traded it away for an AK I wanted. A few years later, I found a clean LE USP 45 with the earlier design. Am I running to upgrade? No. Sometimes newer is not better. Sometimes it's a cost saving feature. GARY
    Last edited by N4KVE; 08-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Congrats on the acquisition. USP45 is my favorite. I think the firing pin breakage was associated with excessive dry firing which is the reason behind the redesign. If you dont plan to carry the gun I would just shoot and enjoy it. I doubt you'd have any issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

and if i do plan to carry it? I dont collect pistols just to have I want everything i own to be carry-reliable at all times..HK didnt say anything about breaking, they said something about making it compatible with other firearms, and i have no idea what they could mean.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)

How many rounds did the seller claim he shot it? 250 rounds? lol

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtb772 View Post
    and if i do plan to carry it? I dont collect pistols just to have I want everything i own to be carry-reliable at all times..HK didnt say anything about breaking, they said something about making it compatible with other firearms, and i have no idea what they could mean.
    My last USP i acquired second hand with an unknown round count and it was also an older date code before some improvements like yours. For my own peace of mind, I sent H&K the gun and had them replace all necessary springs and outdated parts. Basically went through the gun and replaced everything needed. I only did this since i planned to carry it. although the gun would have probably functioned fine and been reliable regardless, it was more for peace of mind on my end

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

they said something about making it compatible with other firearms, and i have no idea what they could mean.
    It could mean the original design only fit the USP 45. The newer design might fit other models, so this would make the manufacturing process easier for HK.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    242 Post(s)

Straight from the horse's mouth. Email this to that uninformed HK customer service rep.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ml#post1117563

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

400 lol, i just traded an upper for it and i really wanted another usp so i didnt look that hard into it... until i got it that is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks man! I am right now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links