HK45 w/o markings?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: HK45 w/o markings?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default HK45 w/o markings?

So I was looking up how I could determine the manufacture date for a new HK45 Tactical that I just acquired from a LGS, and everything I’ve read has referred me to the markings on the slide.

However, this HK45 has absolutely no markings on the slide - not even the serial number is on the slide, nor barrel as it normally is with other HK handguns I’ve owned. The only place I see the serial number located on the gun is on the metal plate underneath the accessory 1913 rail. This gun also came with a thread protector (which I didn’t think HK usually did).

Is there another way I can tell the manufacture date, or did I just get an odd gun? The stamp on the frame is a “P” rather than the Liberty bell mentioned on other US produced models. Photos included below.

I would appreciate any helpful feedback. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK45 w/o markings?-0aaceb71-0e9b-4c74-ad82-3744a3f58cd6_1535006427768.jpeg   HK45 w/o markings?-053c196b-54be-4648-971b-ddd941ebe748_1535006454921.jpeg   HK45 w/o markings?-9c55c0be-85ae-482b-bbc8-9004522fad23_1535006477896.jpeg  

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

That's peculiar. The gun was purchased as "New"? Not used? I guess if you have the serial number Hk could tell you about it, hopefully someone here can offer you something. Interesting. Congrats on the new gun:)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same thing on my new HK45 that I got about two months ago, a "P" on the frame, no date code on the slide, there is a "BH" inside of the frame, so its probably a "BI", my "BI" dated P2000 and P2000SK both have "BH" frames. My barrel does have a serial number, located on the left side of the barrel, but it doesn't match the frame, unfortunately this is how they do it now on US made HK45s. HK45 w/o markings?-img_3673.jpg HK45 w/o markings?-img_3678.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFrost View Post
    That's peculiar. The gun was purchased as "New"? Not used? I guess if you have the serial number Hk could tell you about it, hopefully someone here can offer you something. Interesting. Congrats on the new gun:)
    Yeah, bought it brand new from LGS. When I saw the price I confirmed it with the store, and they said it was brand new.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I thought the newer HK45t came with raised sights?

mew
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

so exactly which pistols are now made in the US vs DE?? curious, both my recent P30 and P30L were DE.
    is it maybe just the HK45 and C version currently made in Columbus?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
    Edmund Burke

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mew View Post
    so exactly which pistols are now made in the US vs DE??
    No glyphs on the slide, made in USA. Cost saving measure.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)

They have been like that ever since the plant in Columbus, GA started producing them since late 2017. No serials except under the dust guard on the frame. Manufacture date code is molded into the frame, right behind the trigger area. The OP's gun should have a BH code.

All variants of HK45/HK45C for US market, including the Tactical versions, are now made in Columbus, GA. The other guns are still made in Germany (so are the HK45/HK45C's destined for outside of U.S. markets.)

@douglasjboehme Only the latest version of the HK45T/HK45CT come with TruGlo Single-Dot Raised Night Sights. Earlier models did not, as is the case with the OP's HK45T.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by douglasjboehme View Post
    I thought the newer HK45t came with raised sights?
    That’s what I thought, but I guess mine was made at the end of last year just before they started including suppressor-height sights. However, I’m fine with the standard sights as I’ll likely be carrying it without a suppressor attached (the rare instances I do carry it) and not sure when I’ll be able to get a can for it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thank you to Helimech206
    & TooSixy.

You guys pointed me in the right direction. I appreciate your help. Sure enough, the BH is located on the inside of my slide. Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HK45 w/o markings?-e9ad6597-2f19-4dd1-970a-f108d5bc00d6_1535084235973.jpeg  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links