P2000 Question
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: P2000 Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default P2000 Question

First post here. My very first handgun was a USP 45. To this day I regret selling it.

I'm a longtime Walther fan and currently carry a PPQ. I'm now in the market for a DA/SA handgun for AIWB carry. I've pretty much narrowed my choices down to a P2000 (my likely choice) or a SIG P229

I already use a Streamlight TLR-1 HL for my weapon light, but I'm thinking of upgrading that to the Surefire X300 Ultra. The question I have is: does the surefire DG Switch for the USP9c fit the P2000?

I welcome any insight you all have. I will call Surefire too, but I figured this was a good way to start my return to the HK world and community. All feedback welcome too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not sure re: the light, but the P2000 is friggin awesome. Worth picking up a cheap Olight if the surefire doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

The X300 Ultra will fit on a P2000 but it looks like a bayonet. If you're gonna AIWB with a P2k, Look at a TLR 7/8 or if you just have money to burn on a Surefire the XC1B (avoid the "A" that you find used for cheap). I'm a hardcore Surefire guy, but the TLR7 keeps calling me.

Then get with JM Custom and have them get you squared away on a holster setup.

Also nuts to the DG switch. Seen a ton of people show up with 'em for night-fighting/low light classes and about 90% ditch the concept before they're done. I imagine much of the remaining 10% is pride related. Yep, they make activating the light 10x easier, but they also make unwanted illumination 100x easier. The only place it made sense to me was on IR/NV setups for pistols...and I'm guessing you're not doing that.

The P2000 is an awesome carry gun; had my setup out today running some drills and can't recommend it enough as a great AIWB candidate for guys that don't want full DA/SA but don't want to point a striker fire at their junk.
    Last edited by dms16; 08-24-2018 at 12:19 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    The X300 Ultra will fit on a P2000 but it looks like a bayonet. If you're gonna AIWB with a P2k, Look at a TLR 7/8 or if you just have money to burn on a Surefire the XC1B (avoid the "A" that you find used for cheap). I'm a hardcore Surefire guy, but the TLR7 keeps calling me.

Then get with JM Custom and have them get you squared away on a holster setup.

Also nuts to the DG switch. Seen a ton of people show up with 'em for night-fighting/low light classes and about 90% ditch the concept before they're done. I imagine much of the remaining 10% is pride related. Yep, they make activating the light 10x easier, but they also make unwanted illumination 100x easier. The only place it made sense to me was on IR/NV setups for pistols...and I'm guessing you're not doing that.

The P2000 is an awesome carry gun; had my setup out today running some drills and can't recommend it enough as a great AIWB candidate for guys that don't want full DA/SA but don't want to point a striker fire at their junk.
    Thanks for all the feedback. I've just spent the last 30 minutes looking at TLR-7 videos and I'm definitely considering it.

I carry my PPQ with a TLR-1 HL in a Tier1 Axis Slim and it took me a year to find an AIWB holster that worked for me. So I'm definitely going with one again, and that helped restrict the handgun choice for me. If Tier1 doesn't make a holster for it, it's not on my list.

https://www.tier1concealed.com/products/axis-slim

That's the sucky part of holsters. If I want to change lights, I have to get a new holster. So I want to nail this choice up front. The only thing I didn't like about the TLR-1 is how sensitive the switch is. Other than that it's amazing, and I have them on my long guns with pressure switches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

for guys that don't want full DA/SA
    Just saw that - what do you mean?

I'm looking at a V3 that is DA/SA with a rear decocker. Am I missing something?

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mattiooo View Post
    Just saw that - what do you mean?

I'm looking at a V3 that is DA/SA with a rear decocker. Am I missing something?
    LEM trigger...Light, Todd Green and Swiss 4.1.

HK's DA trigger press sucks **** for coke unless you have a Match or 10,000 trigger presses on a gun...even then it's nowhere near a Beretta or even dare I say a Sig.

I don't know you or your pistol experience so take this for what it's worth.

Langdon and Pannone reminded us that DA/SA is still cool if you want it bad enough...but those dudes are in the 1 million rounds fired club. The LEM is an alternative consideration.
    Mattiooo likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

LEM trigger...Light, Todd Green and Swiss 4.1.

HK's DA trigger press sucks **** for coke unless you have a Match or 10,000 trigger presses on a gun...even then it's nowhere near a Beretta or even dare I say a Sig.

I don't know you or your pistol experience so take this for what it's worth.

Langdon and Pannone reminded us that DA/SA is still cool if you want it bad enough...but those dudes are in the 1 million rounds fired club. The LEM is an alternative consideration.
    Thanks again. That is awesome. Just pulled the trigger on a P2000 LEM. I’m going to give the TLR-7 a run with it. Ordered a Tier1 for that combo. Been working out what I wanted for a month now. Glad I finally committed to something and I’m really glad to be back in the HK family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!

Tony
    Mattiooo likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

DA trigger is not as bad as some people make it sound. It helps limit accidental discharges, it is only the first heavy trigger pull and the rest is light pulls. Train with the DA or make it a habit to put it on SA once you clear the holster.
    rolandlisalaura likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    DA trigger is not as bad as some people make it sound. It helps limit accidental discharges, it is only the first heavy trigger pull and the rest is light pulls. Train with the DA or make it a habit to put it on SA once you clear the holster.
    I shoot both DA/SA and striker fired pistols now. CZ SP-01 was my Steel Challenge primary, though I've started transitioning to my PPQ for competition so I'm getting all my practice and experience on my carry gun.

The LEM trigger seemed perfect because it gave me a striker fired type trigger, along with the primary benefit I was looking for from a DA / SA carry gun, which was an additional check on reholster that nothing is going to push on that trigger - and a side benefit of second strike capability.

Once I put a couple thousand rounds through it, I'll know if I made the right decision or not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links